Chapter Five: The Birth Of Kin Gintai Pt. 2

So, after getting into the hospital and setting everything up for the birth of a newborn, Gintai took JanuYasha outside the room for a little discussion.

Gintai: [worried] Janu, do you know what you're getting your self into? [slight pause] Do you at all?

JanuYasha: [reassuring] Of course father! Why would I not?!

Gintai: I'm just making sure because it doesn't really seem that you thought this through.

JanuYasha: [frustrated] What makes you say that? Huh!? Sheesh, I don't understand it. You never let me do anything on my own.

Gintai: [worried] Because I know that you'll do something that you will regret, like right now.

JanuYasha: [confused] What are you talking about? What do you mean by that? There's nothing I regret about having this child.

Gintai: My son, there's a reason why I set these rules between the humans and us.

JanuYasha: And what's that?

Gintai: It's the DNA and conditioning.

JanuYasha: What does it have to do with living here?

Gintai: Most of the Sword Society lives off energy that can ultimately destroy a human's existence.

JanuYasha: So, how come Mei is able to be here right now?

Gintai: She has a bit of the energy that a SwordMaster has, she's able to be here for the moment until all of the SwordMaster energy that shields her is gone. That goes for your child as well. Since he will be both SwordMaster and Human.

JanuYasha: [scared] Hold on...so that means...

Gintai: Your child is only able to live with one of you.

JanuYasha: This doesn't make sense...how was I able to live in the human world?!

Gintai: SwordMasters are essentially spirits in the human world, so we can always be unseen by humans unless they can see us. However, Mei was able to have physical contact with you, since then, you were considered a human until you reported back to the Sword Society.

JanuYasha: Why am I able to do that...?

Gintai: That my son, I don't have the answer for. I'm actually quite interested, you are the first person to ever have done this.

JanuYasha: So, are you saying that my son has the same ability as I do? To live in one area? Then come back to another with no problem?

Gintai: Well, we don't know how far your ability with this goes, but I'm pretty sure that your son might be able to do this, but for a limited time. That's my only guess.

JanuYasha: [disappointed] So, that's it? My son has to live with only one of us?

Gintai: That's right.

JanuYasha: [hesitating] What if...what if I lived with them? I lived with my wife for some time. Why can't I live with my son and her?

Gintai: Janu, I know that you want to be in your son's life, and I'm very proud that you wouldn't want to leave him. I mean...after-

JanuYasha: [cutting off] Please!...let's not talk about that kid.

[Flashback]

???: [screaming at him] COWARD! THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE! YOU ARE A COWARD FATHER, I PROMISE YOU THAT I WILL GET STRONGER AND STRONGER TO DO ONE THING! I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, I WILL KILL YOU!