A New Friend

I walked to the mail box and found a letter saying :  Invite Shawn Mendes to come to your High School! I ran into the house all the way up the stairs and yanked my phone off of the charger. It was only 10% so thank god I was fast at texting. I texted Nicole and she convinced me that I should do it. I did it.  "Are you still awake?!" my mum yelled from downstairs I forgot that I had seven tests tomorrow. I went to sleep even though it was only 10:00 pm.

Beep. Beep. Beep. My alarm clock yelled in my ear. I rolled off my bed and landed on the floor with a loud thud. "Good you're awake." my mum stepped around the corner into my room. I rolled my eyes and she walked downstairs. I quickly slid on some clothes, ran downstairs, and grabbed a protein bar and protein shake as I ran out the door and got onto the school bus. 

I walked into the school doors. I went through seven of my nine classes and in my seventh class a new girl walked in. It was Mr. Lunser's class that I was in and he seemed like a nice guy, but he was always perky too perky for me so it kind of scared me at some points. "Your seat will be right behind Skylar. Skylar raise your hand." he snapped me out of my daydream as I slowly raised my hand "Did I forget to mention? I guess I did." he said as I tried to go back to my daydream hoping that his thoughts were staying out. "Skylar! You'll be showing our new student to all of her classes right now."  I walked with her and showed her all of her classes "So what's your name?" I ask her while walking down one of the never ending hallways "Sarah. What's yours?" she put a piece of her black hair behind her ear "Skylar. I'm Skylar. My friends name is Nicole... So where are you from?" I asked showing her the nurses office "I'm from Chicago, Illinois. So is there anyone I should steer clear of Skylar?" I stopped shocked that she actually asked me that question "Uh. Yeah. I would stay away from Mackenzie, Brandon and their posse." I said "Hey you wanna come to my house after school Sarah?" I hoped she would say yes so we could go to the movies or something because I really want to see A Dog's Purpose but I don't want to go alone and cry. "Sure. Let me just text my mother." Sarah got out her iphone7 and texted her mum.

I walked through the door laughing as I showed Sarah into the house. I had already texted my mum and she was fine with Sarah coming over tonight. "Here's some money for the movies, gas, and food." my mum handed me money as I slipped on my jacket "Movies? Gas? Food?" Sarah let out a little chuckle since I didn't tell her what I had in mind "I want to go see A Dog's Purpose." she cut in "Oh I want to see that so bad!" she was practically jumping up and down "Yes, but I don't want to go alone and be crying my heart out." she nodded "Let's go!" she ran out the door as I grabbed the car keys and ran after her.

We walked in the doors laughing our heads off "So how was the movie girls?" mum asked "The movie was great." I said throwing down my keys "Yeah. A real tear-jerker." Sarah joked acting as if she was going to cry. We ran upstairs and stayed up telling each other about ourselves "So why did you move here?" I ask throwing myself onto my bed "Yeah my father got a new job in this town." she said while removing her earrings "What job?" she looked at me "I'm sorry. I'm just a nosy person I guess." I looked at the floor "No. No. It's fine. It's fine Sky. The job is Campbell's soup." she sat on the bed next to me and she suggested that we play 20 questions. "So let me see if I can get this straight." I said thinking of the order of the questions "Your favorite food is cheese burgers, your favorite color is green, your favorite animal is a dog, your favorite singer is Ed Sheeran, your favorite song is Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, your favorite sport to play is volleyball, your favorite sport to watch is tennis, on the Mario wii games your favorite character is Princess Peach, your favorite flower is a daisy, your favorite season is spring." I paused to catch my breath "Your favorite piece of clothing that you own is your leather jacket, your favorite holiday is Easter, and instrument you know how to play is the drums, an instrument you wish you knew how to play is a guitar, you prefer The Lucky Brand perfume over Marc Jacobs, your favorite soda is Dr. Pepper, you don't like rings, you don't like hats, you've had three boyfriends, and you've done ballet." I exhaled big before she started and we both laughed "Okay. Your favorite food is muffins, your favorite color is blue, your favorite animal is a cat, your favorite singer is Shawn Mendes, your favorite song is any song by Shawn Mendes, your favorite sport to play is basketball, your favorite sport to watch is ice hockey, on the Mario wii games your favorite character is Blaze, your favorite flower is a yellow rose, your favorite season is fall." she caught her breath while I let out a little chuckle "Your favorite piece of clothing that you own is your denim jacket, your favorite holiday is Christmas, an instrument you know how to play is the guitar, an instrument you wish you knew how to play is the piano, you prefer Marc Jacobs over The Lucky Brand perfume, your favorite soda is Cherry Pepsi, you like rings, you like some hats, you've never had a boyfriend, and you've done dance but it was nothing like ballet." we laughed then went to sleep after that long day.