Tears for a Picture.

I slightly opened the door so Shawn could see my face "I really am sorry." he whispered "Baby I've been crying and you know all the right things to say." another tear rolled down my face "Look. I really screwed up. I know that, you know that. But can we stop the song references?" he asked trying to open the door even more than it was. I pushed against the door then he snaked his muscular arm through the door, slipped it around my waist and pulled me outside letting the door shut behind us. "I told you not to be a fool and I was one. I just wanted to apologize." he said pulling me closer "I-I-I." I tried to speak but nothing would come out my heart raced as he leaned in. His wet hair was so perfect. I slowly brought my hands up to touch his hair. His hands on my waist pulled me closer as I touched his hair our lips made contact. Our lips were moving in sync it felt like something out of a fairy tale. There were no fireworks, but the feeling of pleasure overcame me as our lips were still in sync and a tear rolled down my cheek Shawn raised on hand, wiped it off then put that hand on the back of my head.
My phone interrupted our kissing session. I pulled my lips away and looked at the text
Kat: I'm coming.
Nicole: Say cheese!
I looked across the street to Nicole's house and saw that she was holding a camera owned by the school since she was in journalism. I took off towards Nicole's house "Wait where are you going babe?" I quickly whipped around since it was the first time I was ever called 'babe.' I glared at him before starting back to Nicole's house; I knocked on the door "Open up! Nicole I know your in there!" I yelled still knocking "Why don't we try this?" Shawn said pushing the doorbell "Stop being a smart a-" I said as the door opened "A-and hello to you Skylar." it was Nicole's mum "Hi I need to talk to Nicole." I tried to hurry "Why don't you sweethearts come in?" she said pulling us in and handing Shawn a towel which he just wrapped around my shivering body then got a different one for himself. Mrs. Smith sat us down and handed us each some hot chocolate "Nicole get down here right now! We have company!" Mrs. Smith yelled up as Shawn sat on the couch and motioned for me to sit in his lap so I did. He grabbed the ends of the towel he had around him and he wrapped his long arms around me which made me much warmer "So how did you two meet?" Mrs. Smith asked as Shawn and I looked at each other "He works for my father." I said while Shawn said "Nicole set us up." I looked at him "I mean. Nicole set us up." I said while Shawn said "I work for her dad." I held my breath while Mrs. Smith said "I see. Skylar. You two are denying something." she said while I thought 'crud I forgot she's a psychologist' Shawn looked at me "Mom! Leave them alone!" talk about saved by the Nicole.
I jumped up startling Shawn "Give me that camera!" I reached out towards her hand "It's uploading." she pointed upstairs I started up the stairs, but Shawn grabbed my arm "What's uploading?" he asked rubbing his thumb over my hand "She took pictures of us. Just a few minutes ago. When we were outside." I said trying to get him to come "You are not going to get away with this." he said running up the stairs with me right behind him "This way!" I said bursting in her room I ran over to her laptop and stopped the upload as Shawn unplugged the camera letting out a sigh of relief.
I walked back home, but Mrs. Smith wouldn't let Shawn nor me leave without taking an umbrella. I walked through the door and mum had the phone in her hand about to dial a number "Sky! I'm so glad to see you!" she said embracing me in a hug "Where were you? Your in trouble young lady!" she scolded me "I was at Nicole's house." I said "You should've told me." she grabbed my head and kissed me "Sorry if I scared you." I mumbled before walking upstairs.