Chapter 1 - #401 [Sage Fitzgerald.]

"Good bye mother, good bye father." I hugged my parents. I sheepishly took three steps backwards, trying to escape the hold of my parents.

"Goodbye idiot." I waved at my brother, Aiden.

We all smiled at each other and walked our separate ways. Once I couldn't see them anymore, I turned around and walked towards my dorm room. Finally, peace and quiet. I smiled.

I began walking down the long sidewalk, admiring the view as I passed. There was a big open courtyard with a couple of benches, that some other students were sitting on. I could tell that this was one of the busiest places on campus. There were groups of students, all sitting in circles, probably talking about their homework and what things they liked. I traveled farther down the path and arrived at the building my room was in. I opened the doors to find kids pulling mattresses behind them and boxes over their heads. It was moving day.

I made a left down the hall and arrived at my room, number 401. I grabbed the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door. I pushed it open slowly, checking if my roommate arrived. Luckily, he wasn't there yet so I had the evening to relax by myself.

I unpacked a couple of my boxes, most of them were clothes and random books. I organized my closets and tried to fix my desk up. I knew it was going to get cluttered sooner or later so I didn't bother trying to hard. I was almost done packing, when I heard knocking at the door.

"Hello?" I tried saying but they didn't hear me. I opened the door to find two guys standing in front of me. They looked friendly, but slightly intimidating.

"Hey." He looked at me, and picked at his shirt. "We're from next door." Both the guys walked in my room, examining some of my stuff. One of the boys laid on the other bed and the other sat down on the couch.

The boy sitting on the couch spoke up, "I'm Fred." He sat up and pointed towards the boy on the couch. Fred, had red hair and wasn't very tall.

"I'm Payton." Payton laid over on his back and found a magazine to read. Payton had black, shoulder length long hair and brown eyes. From what I could tell, he seemed to be very tall. Payton was way more intimidating then Fred because Payton had piercings all over his face.

"Listen," Payton begins talking, "We're throwing a little get-together at our frat house." He continues reading the magazine, not looking up. "You're welcome to join." He looks sideways and makes eye contact with me, like he was scaring me into going. He closed the magazine and sat up, making sounds as he went.

Fred stands up and dusts off his ripped up jeans. He straightens his jacket and walks over to me. He places a hand on my shoulder and squeezes hard. "We'll see you tonight!" He commands.

Payton also stands up and heads towards the door but stops in front of the mirror. He checks himself out and fixes his imperfections. "OH, by the way, who's your roommate?" He turns towards me.

Flustered by his question, I mumble. "Uhh.." I run over to my table and search through my things finding the piece of paper stating who my roommate would be. I find a yellow piece of paper under my chemistry book. I open it and carefully read the words. "Sage Fitzgerald." I state.

Payton stops fixing his hair and laughs out loud. "HA! Good luck with him!" He laughs, victoriously. "He's a troublemaker." He smirks at me.

I look blankly at him, frightened. What do I do? All I wanted to this year was focus on my studies and graduate college. I'm tired of all the drama in my life and wanted a fresh start but I guess this person might cause me trouble. Seriously..

Payton laughs one more time, "Anyways, see you tonight." He says seriously.

--------------------------------------------------------