Chapter 4 - Biggest Liar Ever

[SAGES POV]

I've been thinking about this over and over. I cheated on Emily with Louis.. and I didn't even feel bad about. It just felt so good, it felt so right. 

I was sitting in the classroom, waiting for Emily or Louis to come in. I was waiting for something to happen. I was bracing myself for impact. Kids started piling in and Emily and Louis are nowhere near. I'm getting worried, I start chewing my nails and tapping my leg up and down. I'm becoming a nervous reck. 

The bell rings and I watch the door for them but they don't show up. One minute passes by, then another and another. Ten minutes pass by and they aren't here. I sigh in relief, I won't have to deal with them. No yelling, no confusing feelings. I reach down to my backpack and pull out a pencil and a notebook and start somewhat paying attention to the lecture. 

Never mind, I can't concentrate, I keep thinking the worse. I have this feeling that once I see Emily, she will smack me and break up with me. I bite my nails down to nubs. 

The teacher stops talking once we all hear a knock at the door. I panicked and snapped my head up towards the corner. I'm secretly praying it won't be them, hoping I won't have to deal with the feelings I've been holding in. The teacher opens the door and a girl walks in. I sighed in relief, knowing that it wasn't Emily. I can no longer focus, I start daydreaming and remembering what happened yesterday. He was so perfect and handsome, I couldn't stand it, literally, my legs were getting weak just thinking about him. His lips were so soft and his eyes were so beautiful. A smile escapes my lips and I giggle slightly. I look around, hoping no one heard me. I think, I really like him. 

Class ended and I went back to my dorm room, hoping for a relaxing break to my day. I open the door and scan the room. I was alone. I sat on my bed and pulled out a magazine I hid under my bed. I flipped through the pages, laughing at some of the articles. 

My door slams open and I freak out, the magazine flies across the room and I struggle to sit up. Louis stands there, watching me. He laughs, a dry laugh. He walks over to his desk and pulls out some papers and stuffs them into his bag. I watch him, gracefully and awkwardly. I didn't dare say a word, afraid of what he might say.

 Louis walks over to his closet and picks out a shirt, he slips the one he was wearing off and tosses it onto his bed. I admire his body, his muscles are striking. I lick my lips in anticipation and sit up straighter. I'm getting antsy for him. Louis throws his new shirt back on his body and flings his bag back over his shoulder. I frown, missing the show I just got. I watch Louis walk over to the bathroom and fix his hair in the mirror. He finishes and walks towards the door, leaving. "Louis.." I ask quietly. 

Louis looks at me, showing no real emotion. 

"Hi." I say nervously, showing him my puppy dog eyes and praying that would lead into a conversation. 

"Hi." He states blankly and heads out the door, leaving the room silent. 

I scoff, disbelief in my voice. What? Did he just ignore me? Why did he do that? Did I say something wrong? I'm sure it was what I did to him last night but I thought he enjoyed it! I thought he liked me as much as I did to him! I mean, It was mutual right? 

A huffed and puffed for a while, seething in anger. I sat up and down constantly, pacing around the room. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew what I needed to do. 

-------

That night, I went to Emily's room. I knocked on her door and her bright and shinning face popped out. I smiled at her but really I wanted to frown. I felt so bad, everything was eating me inside. "Hey babe." 

She smiles and opens the door wider for me to come in. She heads over to her bed and sits down. She pats next to her asking me to join her on the bed. I unwillingly sit next to her. As soon as I sat down, she wrapped her arms around me and gave me a big hug. "I'm so glad, we're together." I groaned internally. Oh god, the guilt trip is going to kill me. I can't break her heart. 

In the split moment, I decide, I can't let her down. We've been through so much. Maybe the feelings for Louis will just go away. Maybe I can be friends with him instead, thats good enough, right? Maybe Louis is right, I am trouble. Maybe I should stay away from him for a bit. Ugh, I don't know. This is killing me alive. I can't let a person I barely even know kill my relationship. Even if I want him so badly. 

After a minute or two, Emily lets the hug end and looks at me, she places her hands on my face and wipes my cheek. "What's wrong?" she asks concerned. A tear left my eye while she was hugging me. I backed up from her and wiped my face with my own hands. I didn't realize I was crying, how embarrassing. I shouldn't be crying. I don't deserve to cry. I choked up and coughed, trying to clear the air. 

"Nothings wrong." I smiled back at her, I held her cheeks in my hand. "I just missed you." 

Emily looks at me like I'm the worlds biggest liar. In this very moment, I was the worlds biggest liar. But, I'm not going to let her know that. At least not now. 

"Seriously." I laughed. "I'm fine."

 I can't disappoint her again. 

"Can't a boyfriend miss his girlfriend while she was away for the weekend?" I say cheerfully, hugging her. 

I'll hold my feelings in.  

"How about we watch a movie?" I suggest, getting up to sit next to her. I laying back onto her pillow and pat the space between us. She smiled and laid down next to me. I wrapped my arm around her waist and held onto her tight. She moved her hair out of the way and I rested my head on her. Cuddling her. 

I can see Emily smile out of the corner of my eye. "I like this." She says.  "I missed this. We haven't watched a movie in a long time." She squeezes my arm tighter.

I kiss her shoulder. 

Yes, this is how it's supposed to be. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!!! I know it's been super long since I've updated. A lot of serious stuff happened over the last several months, one thing after another happened and I've been avoiding writing. I've put it off over and over, which is a terrible excuse and I am very sorry that I've kept you all waiting. Thank you all for staying so positive and supporting my books. It really means the world to me. <3

Anyways, I updated this chapter, yayy!!!! Although it's kinda sad and probably not the update you wanted and kinda short. Oh well~ It's my story :P Wait, it's our story cause you guys influence me greatly. Hehehe. Anyways, see you all later in the next update! <3 

Question: Since the holidays passed,  what's the best/worst gift you've ever received/gifted?

-NamedL