chapter 3 - Trouble

***Please be aware that there are some more mature-ish/graphic-ish things that happen during this chapter. I normally don't write these kinds of things but for this book, I'm trying to. (?) It's not too bad but for the young readers, please be aware that when it goes to Louis's point of view, things start to change.*******

[SAGE'S POINT OF VIEW]

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I touched his neck! I didn't even know I was doing that until I did it. Something about it felt so natural about it though, like I've done it before.

I walked out of the classroom, shuffled in thoughts. Memories flooded back into my head from the other night. I remember almost everything. The loud music, bright lights and the amount of alcohol I had consumed was truly amazing. I remember dancing with some friends, playing beer pong and doing some not so PG-13 things with someone. I thought it was Emily, but now I know that it wasn't. I slowed my walking pace almost to a complete stop.

"Sage.." Emily tugs on my sleeve, trying to get my attention. "What are you doing!" She demands.

I stop in the hallway, ashamed of my actions. I can't believe I cheated on Emily. I rubbed my eyebrows. I looked up and looked around. That kid, the guy I poked in class, was walking across the hallway. I unintentionally grabbed my neck. I blushed red. I did that, didn't I?

"I cheated on you." I say in the spur of the moment. I place my hands on my cheeks, trying to calm the redness.

Emily looks up at me, shocked. "You what?"

I didn't realize what I said out loud until I said it out loud and I knew I shouldn't say anything back. Ready to accept my consequences, I widen my stance. Emily's right hand instantly made contact with my face. I jerk back, almost falling down.

"What do we do now?" I ask her quietly. Usually people would break up but I really did like her, I didn't want to separate.

"Do you like her?" Emily asks.

"What?" I choke out. "No.. I don't." I rub my head and look at emily. "I like you." I reach out for her hands and hold them tightly.

Emily smiles at me. "Okay. Fine!" She rubs my hands sweetly. "Let's stay together."

----------------------------

[LOUIS'S POINT OF VIEW] MATURE-ISH CONTENT AHEAD

I get back to my dorm room and spread out on my bed. The weirdest thing happened today. I sit up against the wall and look at the bed across from me. I scratch my chin. Sage is my roommate. He sleeps in the bed across from mine. I can't really wrap this around my head.

I heard a nock at the door and I jolt up. "Who is it?" I get up, slowly making my way to the door. BOOM, the door slammed open, and a figure stood there.

Once I recognize who was at the door, my jaw dropped. "Seriously, you're my roommate?"

We stood there for a while, our eyes locked. I couldn't stop staring at his beautiful blue eyes. I can feel the electricity between us. He brushes his hands through his hair and sighs.

Finally, he enters the room, closing the door and stops right in front of me, leaving a foot or two of space. "You know..." He says examining my body. "You're hickey's still showing." He points to my neck and walks over to his bed.

I slap my hand over my neck and blushed brightly, remembering what he did earlier to me during class. "YOU!" I shouted as he passed by. "Why did you do that?"

He looks over at me and nonchalantly shrugs his shoulder. "What do you mean?" He acts innocently.

I point to the hickey on my neck. "Why did you touch my neck earlier during class?"