Appetance

🌱🌷🌱
(n.) an eager desire, an instinctive inclination; an attraction or natural bond.
they're stand in the rain when josh asks tyler to let him go.
(only trigger might be that tyler is sick and has to take medicine)
🌱🌷🌱

"Tyler!" he cuts across the babbling, cuts through the heavy heavy rain that's finally freezing him to the core. A loud crack of thunder comes from somewhere to the left of them and Josh waits, chest heavy, for it to finish before he is speaking again desperate and breathless and he's suddenly no longer sure if that cracking sound wasn't just his heart. "I love you."

There's silence, Tyler stares on, brow creased as though he's not sure he heard him right, as though he's waiting for Josh to add "like a brother" to add "as my best friend" on the end, the rain is pouring off his hair forming a long stream that slides right down his perfectly straight nose. "Josh I-" there's another crack of thunder and Tyler is thankful because he still hasn't figured out how he wants that sentence to end yet. Lightning flashes and it's so much closer now, Tyler snaps his head around to see it, a shiver running down his spine, they should really go back inside.

When he turns his head back Josh is in his personal space, his hair completely matted to his head, his white tank completely see through, he's shivering and his chest is still moving as though every breath is taking a considerable amount of effort. Tyler instinctively goes to shuffle back but Josh's hand encases his cheek, his thumb rubbing along Tyler's lower lip. Tyler shivers for a second time, but it's not the water running under the collar of his shirt trickling down his spine, or the way Josh's hands still feel so warm despite how freezing cold the rain is, it's something else entirely.

Thunder booms above them but Josh doesn't even flinch too focused on Tyler's face, on Tyler's lips.

"Tell me-" he begins still breathless. "Tell me it's in my head, tell me you don't feel anything, say it and I'll walk away and you'll never hear about it again."

"Josh I-" Tyler begins but suddenly Josh is pulling on his sopping wet shirt peeling it off his skin as he yanks Tyler into him, crashing their lips together. It's hot and desperate and Tyler thinks he might drown from how much rain water is running off their noses between their lips, but he responds, doesn't move his hands he stays absolutely still not touching just letting his lips push and pull back against Josh's own, then Josh is pulling away but his fist is still balled up, skin pruning against the drenched fabric of Tyler's shirt.

More thunder, its directly above their heads and Tyler thinks if he didn't have Josh for a drummer he would probably not be used to the volume of it, would probably have to cover his ears in another life.

"Say it Tyler." Josh practically growls as the rumble above them subsides. But Tyler can't say anything, his jaw trembling, he knows if he closed his mouth his teeth would chatter. The cold had seeped into his bones, wrapping cold tendrils around his soul and he couldn't help but wonder if that sensation would still exist if they redid this whole scenario without the thunderstorm.

His silence goes on for too long and Josh gives up. Dropping his fist from Tyler's clothes and pushing past him in favour of shelter. Tyler follows like a magnet, zoned out he's simply pulled along by an invisible force attaching him to Josh.

The connection breaks when Josh slams his dressing room door in Tyler's face. Tyler moves to his own room and heads to the shower, peeling off his sopping wet clothes, his skin feels itchy and rubbery he hates it. Immediately stepping into the hot shower to get it over with he just wants to be dry again so he can wrap himself up in his bunk back on the bus.