Selcouth

🌱🌷🌱
(adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvellous.
"Oh, Jenna, have you met Tyler?"
(no triggers just pure fluff i guess)
🌱🌷🌱

Jenna's cousin Anna got married in the middle of June, it was a wonderful day, the sun shining brightly off the lilac bridesmaids' dresses. Everyone smiled and all the mothers wore hats and fan themselves as they sat outside for the reception, round white tables with purple and yellow bouquets situated in the middle.

They laughed and smiled as people conversed between courses. Jenna making the rounds between the tables her relatives were all spread across, her own bridesmaids dress flowing in the mid-afternoon breeze as she headed over to the last table of people she knew.

She sat in the now vacated seat beside her aunt. They chatted animatedly about the wedding and the day and the newlyweds, before a baby cooed and she immediately snapped her gaze up to see a man holding a not even three-year-old girl on his lap. Jenna smiled and pulled faces as he bounced her on his knee. She was just about to ask who's she was or her name or introduce herself to the man with lilac dyed hair and a nose ring when another man approached and pulled her out of his lap.

"Oh Jenna," her aunt gasped. "Have you met Tyler?" Jenna looked up at that point to see the man bouncing the little girl on his hip, talking with the man who had just been holding her. Jenna couldn't help the blush as he looked over at the call of his name.

Awkwardly he shuffled around the table and extended a hand for her to shake.

"I'm Jenna." She smiled. "How do you know the bride?" She stood up to meet his height (almost) and began trying to tickle the baby. Tyler smiled down at the little one before answering.

"Anna and I went to college together, she used to date my roommate, but he was an ass so I'm much happier for her now." He laughed and Jenna laughed too.

She blushed as their eyes met, she couldn't deny that he was incredibly attractive.

The pair chatted a bit more, eyes squinted in the sunlight for a bit, swapping stories and just generally getting to know each other.

Jenna turned for a second to look at her aunt but found herself confused at the laugh that escaped her aunt at the sight of them together. What did that mean?

Jenna turned back to see Tyler re-situating the toddler onto his other hip, bouncing her and relishing the sweet little giggles that escaped her.

"Is she yours?" Jenna asked not sure why she was hoping he'd say no.

"Yeah, my partner and i adopted her when she was four months." He placed sloppy kisses onto her forehead making her giggle. "She's three in a couple months. Sorry she's so shy, she's not normally this well behaved." He joked, kissing her head again, as though to reassure her he was joking. Just as he shifted her Jenna's eyes came to focus on the black wedding band that wrapped neatly around his finger, her heart sank slightly and she berated herself, trying to shake off the feeling.

Just then the little one started to cry. "Emma baby, what's wrong?" Tyler cooed picking her up to better see her face. "Shhh there's no need for that." He cradled her to his chest in the hopes of calming her before the other man from before appeared by their side.

"I think she needs changing." He said softly, hand on Tyler's back. Tyler nodded and began handing her over. He pecked the man on the lips with a smile.