Two

"You deserve happiness, Y/n. So does Dean. More than anyone else I know. I brought you two together so you can get what you deserve." Castiel said, and you sighed. 

"Castiel, you know that it won't work. I'm immortal. And he's not safe around me, not with my powers." You said, and the Angel nodded. 

"Just give it a chance. You may be surprised." He said, and you shook your head. "I'm not going to tell him, Castiel. And neither are you." You said, and Castiel looked like he was about to object but you spoke again. 

"Please, promise me you won't tell him." You said, and after the longest minute of your life he nodded. Sighing, you got a hold of yourself and walked back into the library. Sam was looking at a book, debating whether he should ask to have it or not. Dean was trying to get into your alcohol supply, while blasting Metallica in his head. 

"You can have it Sam, I have three other copies." You said, not taking your eyes off Dean. He jumped at the sound of your voice, backing away from the alcohol and blushing. Sam made an 'oh' noise, taking the book off the shelf so he wouldn't forget it. 

"Thanks Y/n." He said, and you turned your eyes from your soulmate to his brother. "Any time." You said, smiling. Castiel walked in, a little tense after being yelled at by an immortal. 

"And Dean? You could have just asked." You said, walking over and unlocking the alcohol supply. You took out a bottle of whiskey, handing it to him. He took it, yanking off the lid and taking a swig. You fell down into your chair, letting out a sigh. 

After a few minutes of silence you spoke, "Are you guys hungry?" You asked, looking at the humans. 

"If you are, I wouldn't mind eating." Dean said, and you shook your head, chuckling.

"I don't eat. I'm immortal." You said, watching as the Winchesters raised their eyebrows in surprise.

"We're fine, we dont want to inconvenience you. You've been nice enough already." Sam said, and you flicked your wrist. The table was covered with all kinds of food in a second.

"Oh. Okay." Dean said, grabbing one of the burgers. You chuckled, leaning back in your seat.

It was a quiet evening, you learning about humanity through the Winchesters and you showing them your mind reading and being able to conjure things up out of thin air.

Then it happened. You knew it would, you should have been keeping track of the time. You were sitting next to Dean, listening to his view on pie, when a pain ripped through you. You arches your back, letting out a cry.

"Y/n? Y/n, what's going on?" Dean asked worriedly. You dug your nails into the seat, no words forming. The pain rolled through again, and a scream made its way through your clenched teeth.

"Cas, help her!" Dean exclaimed, but you knew it was no use. This happened every day, no one could stop it.

"Dean, I- I can't. She has to die. Every day, at exactly this time. It's part of her curse of immortality. She will be alive again by midnight." Cas explained as you hunched over, feeling blood run down your forehead.

"What? Why didn't you tell us that?" Sam demanded, and you didn't hear Cas' reply as your scream caused all the books in the room to fly off the shelves.

"Y/n, Y/n hey. Look at me." It was Dean. He was kneeling in front of you. You looked up, trying to see through the blood running down your face.

"It'll be okay. You've done this for millions of years, you can do it again. And guess what?" Dean gave a small smile, "We'll be here when you come back." You nodded, his words bringing you an absurd amount of comfort.

"Okay. Thank you." You panted, before another wave of pain slammed into you and your body shook as it destroyed itself from inside out. You knew you didn't have long.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I wish there was something we could do. You've been so kind to us." Sam said, kneeling next to his brother. You gave him a tight smile.

"It's okay Sam. Just d-don't steal all my books while I'm gone." You said, and Sam chuckled. Another wave of pain hit you, and there was a blinding light before you fell to the floor, dead.

Usually your time away from your body was just you walking through a black abyss. This time, it was filled with images of Dean.