Five

"Is she even alive?" You heard a voice whisper. You didn't open your eyes, scared of what would happen if you did. You reached out to read your captors' minds but it was as if there was nothing to read. Just colors. 

"Shut up, of course she's alive. She's immortal." Another voice said, and you heard a whack as if someone had just been smacked. You heard the click-clack of high heels and then the slam of a door, before silence. 

"Hello? Y/n, are you awake? Please say yes." It was the first voice, softer this time. And closer for that matter. You sighed and lifted your head, opening your eyes to see a girl. She couldn't be more than 19. 

"Oh, hi." She said as you stared at her. You furrowed your brows, trying desperately to read her mind. She smiled, patting your knee before sitting down in a chair in front of you.

"You can't read my mind. I'm special." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. You shook your head, despite the circumstances, you smiled. 

 "You're not special. You're just an Angel. And from the sound of your boss, you're not a good one either." You said cruelly, tilting your head. The girl's face flamed up, either from embarrassment or anger. 

 "Just remember, I was able to catch you, an all powerful immortal. How's that for not good at my job?" She said, and you laughed. 

 "Caught me? Oh, you poor naive thing, I could snap out of here in an instant and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. There's nothing keeping me here except I want to see the look on your boss' face when I break out and kill both of you." You said, smiling. 

 "You can't do that! We put enchanted handcuffs on you!" She said, getting flustered. You sat up straight, smirking at the Angel. 

 "And I'm more powerful than anything in creation." You warned, and she dragged in a shaky breath. She held it in for a few seconds before letting it out, calming. She smiled at me. "That may be true," She said, "But you're not going to escape." 

 "And why is that?" You asked, raising an eyebrow. This puny Angel had the audacity to smirk at you, leaning back in her seat cockily. 

 "Because we have your precious soulmate, too. He's in another room, probably getting close to dying. I can't believe you haven't heard his screams!" She exclaimed comically, as if this were something to laugh about. Your blood ran cold. Closing your eyes, you listened closely, praying to Castiel's father that what she had just said wasn't true. 

But then you heard the grunting and screaming of someone very close to your heart. Dean. Opening your eyes, you glared at the girl, and she gasped and clutched her throat, gasping for air. Her eyes were wide and panicked as she wheezed like a fish out of water. Then her eyes glowed blue and the engravings of wings burned into the wall behind her and she fell to the ground, dead. 

 You yanked your wrists apart, the handcuffs breaking in the process. Standing up, you listened again for Dean, needing to follow his voice to get to him. When you caught him begging for the person to let his little brother go, you instantly ran down the hall towards the voice. You made yourself invisible, a power you had only discovered a couple decades ago but had never tried, and were surprised when it worked without complications. Dean being in danger must have given you more control over your powers.

  You stopped running in front of a locked door, hearing Dean begging for Sam to be let go and Sam wheezing as if his ribs were broken on the other side. You closed your eyes, pressing your hand to the door to see how many people were in there. Two hunters, one Angel. That was easy enough. You opened the door, still invisible, and walked in. The Angel, a tall bald man with crooked teeth, whirled around. 

 "Who's there?" He demanded, raising the blood covered Angel blade in his hand. But your eyes were on Dean. He had thousands of bruises and cuts on him, blood staining nearly every part of his body. His eyelids drooped heavily, as if he was going to pass out but he was forcing himself not to. Sam was passed out, his breathing ragged and his body just as broken as Dean's. Your hatred for this Angel increased as you looked at the two hunters, the ones who already had a place in your heart. 

 "I said, who's there?" The Angel asked again, looking around the room for any sign of you. But you were right in front of him, and before he knew what was happening you grabbed the Angel blade out of his hand and jammed it into his heart. He gasped, falling to the floor in a blue light and burning his wings into the floorboards. 

You made yourself visible, and Dean's eyes widened as he saw you. "Y/n! W-we were going to find you, explain what we were talking about, but we couldn't find you, then we got taken by those Angels. I'm-" You cut him off, not wanting to hear it. 

 "It's fine Dean, I understand. In your eyes, I'm a monster. Just another case to work, you're not the first hunter to think that way about me. But today we're going to go our separate ways, and never see each other again. I'll never lay my eyes on another human, or leave my house, so don't worry about needing to make sure I don't slip up, and you'll go do what you do with your brother." You said, showing no emotion in your voice even though your insides were screaming. 

Dean looked like he wanted to say something, but no words came out. You pressed your hand to his heart, Dean tensing up as a warm feeling entered him. The warmth spread through his whole body, healing every injury he had. Then you moved onto Sam, healing him too. Once they were both back to their old selves, you untied them. 

 They thanked you multiple times, and you shrugged it off every time, saying it was the right thing to do. You said goodbye to them, wishing them a good and safe rest of their lives, and they wished you the same, while their minds tried to find a way to keep in contact with you. But you didn't want to stay in contact in with people who wanted you dead, even if one of them was your soulmate. Then finally, finally, they were gone. And you returned home. Alone.