Twelve

~2 weeks later~

   You used your power to create a shield in between the Winchesters and the Angels, even though you knew you didn't have much power left before you would black out. Sam and Dean turned to look at you, surprised that the Angels weren't able to get to them. But once Dean realized what you were doing, he wasn't very happy. 

   "Y/n, stop! You're going to wear yourself out! You're going to get killed!" Dean exclaimed, but you just smiled and shook your head. You knew more Angels were coming from behind, but you were caught up in the terror on Dean's face. Suddenly, a spear ran through your ribs, coming out from your chest. You looked down at it, gasping in pain. It was covered in your blood, but your brain wasn't putting two and two together. You fell to your knees as the Angel pulled the spear out, somehow keeping the shield up to protect the Winchesters. 

      You felt your life force ebbing, and knew you didn't have much time left. You put all your energy into the force field to keep them safe. "Y/n, drop the shield. Please." Dean begged, an agonizing look on his face. 

   "I can't Dean, I-I have to protect you." You breathed out, pain lacing your voice. You squeezed your eyes shut as Castiel took out the Angels one by one, and you realized you also had a shield around him, too. Only once every Angel except Cas was dead did you drop the shields. You collapsed onto the ground, having only about a minute until you were dead, for good. You didn't know how, but that spear had had the power to kill you. 

    "Y/n! Oh my god." Dean ran over, kneeling next to you and holding your head in his hands. He furrowed his brows, and you read his mind to know he was thinking of some way to save you. You just smiled at him, your breathing labored. 

   "T-thank you for trying to give me adventure." You told him. He shook his head, realizing this was your way to say goodbye to him. 

   "No, no, no. Don't you dare die on me. Please." He demanded, and you were about to answer when you jerked your head to the side and coughed up blood. You shakily wiped your mouth, looking back up at Dean. 

   "Cas, do something. Please." Dean said, looking up at the Angel. Castiel knelt down next to Dean, placing a hand on his shoulder. Your breath hitched as the pain intensified, and Cas looked at you. 

   "I'm sorry, Dean. I can't." He said sadly. You used the last of your remaining strength to sit up, and you placed a hand on Dean's cheek. 

   "It'll be okay." You promised, before leaning forward and pressing your lips to his. You realized you were going to die, so there was no reason not to. But as you kissed him, something happened. You felt your energy rush back, and you somehow knew you weren't bleeding anymore. You gasped, pulling away from Dean just in time to see his eyes glow a bright purple before going back to their green. 

   "What just happened?" Dean asked shakily. You shook your head, confused as to how it happened, or why. 

   "Our kiss- it healed me. And it made me human." You gawked, looking down at your hands that used to have power in them. 

A/n: So it took forever for me to update, and then I update with a very short chapter. I am so so sorry, I'm a failure. But I'll try to do better. It's just been a little hectic lately. Anyways, thanks for reading. Love you all! Bye!