2: Debut Time

Karasuma's Pov

"From tomorrow, you will have a new classmate," Karasuma told Class 3-E.

The students absorbed this information, not really seeming surprised. After Irina Jelavitch, the Autonomous Intelligence Fixed Artillery or Ritsu, and Itona, new additions to the class were expected.

"However, this student is a special case," he continued. "He is a normal student who recently transferred to Kunugigaoka Junior High, and was moved to Class E from Class B."

There, the murmurings started. "Huh, that's stupid," Teresaka exclaimed loudly from the back, rubbing his brown and blond hair. "Why the hell would they put a normal kid in here with this assassination stuff going on?"

Karasuma closed his eyes as if he were tired of this, hoping they were buying that fake story. "I tried to persuade Principal Asano, but he wouldn't budge. So because of this, I've already explained to the new student the situation."

"Still," Karma mused, his voice low but ringing across the classroom. "A total newbie? He'd likely drag us down."

Karasuma ignored that. Karma Akabane probably thought everyone was dragging him down. Not thought; he could almost read those words right off Karma's glinting golden eyes.

"All of you are barely beginners to assassination," Koro-sensei picked off from Karasuma. The giant yellow octopus waved his tentacles.

Maybe it was random, maybe it was triggering a secret system, and the destruction of the Earth next March would be caused by the wiggling of his tentacles.

Karasuma chose to believe it was random.

"So everyone, let's welcome our new student tomorrow with open tentacles," Koro-sensei finished with a big smile on his face.

🐙🐙🐙

Karma's PoV

The transfer student came in the following day.

Karma didn't know what to think of him. When he walked into the small classroom, the first impression he left was of how tiny he was, especially beside Karasuma.

His height, plus the long, silky blue hair falling over his shoulders, gave an overall feminine presence.

"Good morning," he greeted the class cheerfully. Even his voice sounded like a girl's. "I'm Nagisa Shiota. Nice to meet you all!"

"Heh," someone snorted quietly. Karma realized it was Okajima two rows in front. "Cute for a guy. This one definitely isn't an assassin."

"You're definitely an idiot, aren't you, Okajima?" Karma called out. "Letting your guard down like that's the reason we haven't killed Koro-sensei yet."

Okajima looked slightly pissed, but not at as much as Karma would've liked.

Nagisa, still at the front, looked half confused and half...no, he looled completely confused. He was seated beside Kayano, who immediately struck up a conversation with him, and within minutes he and Kayano were laughing.

The new student's smile shone, and he was practically shining himself. No matter what Karma had said, he couldn't imagine this totally pure-looking kid being a professional.

As the day went on, Karma continued to observe Nagisa, who was acting perfect. He closely paid attention to Koro-sensei as he taught, not seeming to pause even for a moment to stare at his weird body, or contemplate his inhuman speed.

Karasuma had told them earlier that he had explained the special circumstances of the E Class and even gave Nagisa a quick runthrough of the little training Karasuma had given them during P.E.

But it was strange how fast Nagisa had seemed to adapt. Not just this unusual situation, but the classroom in general; he was chatting naturally with Kayano and Isogai, the class representative, and everyone seemed comfortable with him. Only half a day had gone by, and already Nagisa had settled into the class.

Not one person seemed to dislike Nagisa. Was it normal to be so easily inviteble? Was it his charisma?

Karma wasn't the only one watching Nagisa. At the front behind his desk, Koro-sensei also had his round eyes on the transfer student. His face was a normal yellow, meaning no particular emotion or the other, but though there was a fixtated smile on his face, Karma could tell that the teacher was at least the tiniest bit wary.

As was Karma. But no matter how suspicious his perfect innocemce, a little guy like Nagisa definitely wouldn't be able to catch up to Karma.

A/N: The updates are probably going to be hella slow