Valentine's Day // Mark Twain x Reader [OLD]

(old work — 2017)

Requested by @alittlehalfpint
(Sorry it's late and that it sucks •<•)
~
~
~
~

"(Y/n)!" Lucy called out as she saw you in the park. You looked over at the girl who was your best friend.

"Hey, Lucy." You said with a small smile. "What's up?"

"Do you know what today is?" She questioned you as she got to your location.

"Eh, the thirteenth, isn't it?"

"Correct!" She cheered happily. "And you know what that means?~"

"Oh god..." You sweat dropped as Lucy jumped up and down with joy.

"Thaaaaat's right! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!!"

"Dear lord, send all the help." You muttered under your breath as you know what was coming already.

~ 14 February ~

"Aren't I the greatest? Say I'm the greatest!" Lucy pipped happily and excitedly.

You sighed and rolled your eyes. "You're the greatest."

"Awww, thanks!~" Lucy put her hands on her cheeks as she smiled. "Now! Remember how I prepped you last night, because you'll need it today!"

You let out a small huff. "I still don't understand what all that was about. Besides, I already knew how to eat properly, you didn't have to teach me manners."

"Better safe than sorry!" Lucy chimed before she glanced to her left. "I gotta go, I'll see you later, have a fun day!" She cooed before she ran off. You groaned lightly as you watched her. Sometimes you just didn't understand that girl.

Suddenly, there was a fake cough, the type to get someone's attention. You turned your head to see the one and only Mark Twain. "What do you want, Twain?" You asked in deadpan.

He grinned as he seemed to have something behind his back. "You~" He cooed.

You stared at him with an unamused expression. "Why don't you leave me alone for one day? Can you do that, please?" You asked as you were sick of his cheesy pick up lines and such.

"Just wait-" He said before he pulled a rose and a box of chocolates out from behind his back. "I want you... To be my Valentine," He said with a smile.

"If I say yes, will you leave me alone?" You questioned as you narrowed your eyes a bit. He nodded and held the gifts out to you as you sighed. "I'm going to regret this later.... Sure, fine. Whatever, I'll be your Valentine or whatever.."

Twain gasped with surprise as there were stars in his eyes. "Really?? Ah! Yes!!" He exclaimed as he handed you the rose and chocolates before taking your hand. "Let's go, I've got a lot of plans!" He said and pulled you to the next destination as you groaned. This was going to be soooo much fun-

Note the sarcasm.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Twain had spent all day with you. He took you to the park, he took you to the cinema and stuff like that. It's like he planned this right out of a cheesy romance movie. But, you had to admit, you were having some fun with him. Currently, you two were out to dinner at (restaurant of choice), and it was quite nice. Even better, Twain said he was paying, so you just got the most expensive things on the menu.

"So," Twain started as you two were eating. "How am I doing?"

You pondered for a moment as you chewed a bit of (favourite food). "I guess I can't deny that I'm having somewhat of a good time, so... I'd say you're doing well." Twain had a mini celebration session to himself, and it was obvious he didn't expect things to be going this well. You snickered at that and rolled your eyes and the two of you continued eating. After a few minutes of a pleasant silence, a.. look came across Twain's face.

"Say, (Y/n)?" Twain started, and you hummed in response. "Is the only reason you agreed to come out with me today is because you want to like... get rid of me?"
He asked slowly as he mindlessly used his fork to play with his food.

You thought about this for a moment or two, and it was only then that you realized that that was the only reason you agreed to go on a date with Twain. "Uhm.... Well..." You tried to think of something to say.

Twain sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry that I annoy you so much, (Y/n)..." He said softly. "I just- I really like you..."

You but your bottom lip gently as he said that. Maybe it was just because of how he treated you today, but you felt that you kind of, maybe, liked him too. "Well, Twain. Maybe... Just maybe.... I like you, too..." You said, muttered the last part.

Twain's expression brightened up quickly as he heard. "Really? You do? Ah- Well, of course you would like someone like the great and amazing Mark Twain!" He said, back to his usual self. You clicked your tongue and rolled your eyes.

"You know what, you are annoying." You said with an unamused expression, and a hurt look crossed his face. You then gave a small smile. "But I don't mind."

Twain blinked a few times before he blushed slightly and gave a small smile as well.

~
~
Extended Ending:

"Three hundred dollar?!?!" Twain yelled as he looked at the check, his eyes blown wide. You did your best to held in your laughter.

"Actually, three hundred and fifty seven dollars, forty eight cents, and then there's the tax." The waiter pointed to what was written on the paper in the bill book.

Twain practically fainted at the sight of the total and sent you a playful glare. "You better be worth it," He grumbled as he grumpily pulled out his wallet to pay.

~
~
~
~

I AM SORRY. This is very short and also sucks ass, but you know what-
I think it's pretty good, considering that I'm still in writer's block. So, ha.
...
...
...
I'm still sorry for my lack of updates....