•eighteen•

DINNER CONFESSIONS
_

DINNER CONFESSIONS_

"You weren't kidding when you said you make a mean pasta." Lizzie grinned into her wine glass as Andrew brought more bread to the table.

"Only the best for Miss Matthews."

"Oh God, I hate it when people call me that. It's so formal."

"Now you know how it feels to be called Andy." Andrew smirked.

"Andy isn't formal," Lizzie scoffed.

"I know. It's annoying."

"Are you calling me annoying?"

"I'm calling the nickname annoying. You're too cute to be annoying."

"Awe, Andy, you softie." Lizzie teased with a smile.

Andrew only rolled his eyes, shaking his head fondly and stabbing at one of his meatballs. "So, tell me about you and Jared."

Lizzie choked a bit on her wine. "What?"

Andrew arched an eyebrow. "Jared? Padalecki? Sam Winchester?"

Lizzie gave her friend a deadpan look. "I know who you meant, you idjit, I just meant why did you want to talk about it?"

"I was just curious." The ginger shrugged. "I mean, you talk about him all the time and you're clearly very fond of him." He said with a knowing smile.

"He's just a friend, Andrew."

"Oh my, pulling out the full name. Never a good thing." Andrew responded, making Lizzie roll her eyes. "Come on, Liz, talk to me. I know you well enough to know when you like somebody."

Lizzie shrugged, refusing to meet her friend's eye. "I...I don't know if that's a good thing, though."

Andrew's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"Andrew, I was married to Matthew for six years. I thought I knew him better than anyone, and the next thing I know, he turns around and has an affair with someone else." Lizzie said, shaking her head. "How am I suppose to just...jump into another relationship?"

Andrew's features softened. "Oh, Lizzie, love, I'm not saying you should jump into a relationship right away. I mean, hey, if you're not ready, you're not ready." He said with a shrug. "But Liz, not to be critical or anything, but you wouldn't exactly be jumping into it. I mean, it has been a year after all."

Lizzie looked up into her friend's green eyes, her brow furrowing. "You really don't think it's too soon?"

"Well, considering Matthew got engaged the second your divorce was final, I'd say it's okay for you to start dating." Andrew said, a bit angrily at that. Lizzie was like a little sister to him. The fact that someone hurt her like that made his blood boil to no end.

Lizzie couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's protectiveness, shaking her head. "I guess that's a good point."

"So...you do like Jared then?" Andrew asked, raising his eyebrows.

Lizzie hesitated, but only so the smile coming onto her face could reach her eyes. "Yeah. Yeah, I think I do."

Andrew grinned. "That's brilliant, Lizzie." He said encouragingly. "I think you should tell him."

Lizzie snorted. "Right. Me, a 35 year old fangirl, telling my favorite actor that I have a crush on him. I'm sure he's never heard that one before."

"Oh, Liz, you know this is different. You guys know each other personally."

"We met over text message."

"So? Bloody hell, Lizzie, I'm a 35 year old man and I'm getting butterflies for you." Andrew said, throwing a hand up for emphasis.

Lizzie laughed, shaking her head fondly. "I don't know. I think I'll wait a little while before I tell him."

"Okay." Andrew said, holding his hands up in surrender. "But to be honest, I don't think it's really necessary. I think he likes you."

Lizzie smiled. "You think?"

"I think." Andrew smiled. "And hey, if you don't believe me, why don't you ask Jensen or Misha? I'm sure they'll know."

"You really think they'll tell me?" Lizzie questioned.

"I don't know. Guess you better find out." Andrew winked, taking their empty bowls into the kitchen.

Lizzie bit her lip in thought. Couldn't hurt to try, right?

A/N- I hope you enjoyed!! How are you guys liking Andrew's character so far?? And what are your thoughts on Jared's jealousy?? Give me some feedback!! I love yoooou! <3 ~Hayden