•twenty three•

DEPARTURE_

DEPARTURE
_

"You sure you got everything?" Andrew asked as he helped put Lizzie's stuff into the taxi.

"Yep." Lizzie said, trying to ignore the tears stinging behind her eyelids. "I've got it all."

"Alright then. And if you don't, I'll just mail it to you. I mean, I might take a few days considering the distance but-" Andrew trailed off when he saw the tears in his best friend's eyes, his brow furrowing. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just..." Lizzie sniffed, rubbing at her eyes a bit. "I'm going to miss you."

Andrew's heart skipped a beat and he smiled a bit, bringing his best friend into his arms. "I'm going to miss you too, Liz."

Lizzie clutched onto the back of his shirt, burying her face into his shoulder. "I hate distance."

"Me too." Andrew murmured, rubbing her back and kissing her temple softly. "Lizzie?"

"Hm?"

"Promise me you're going to tell Jared. And don't say 'tell him what' because you know what."

Lizzie couldn't help but giggle softly, nodding into his shirt. "I promise. I love you, Andy."

"I love you too, Lizzie."

They finally pulled away and Andrew kissed her forehead, opening the taxi door for her.

Lizzie climbed in and he shut the door, smiling at her as the taxi pulled away and began its decent to the airport. Truth be told Lizzie had been contemplating just calling Jared and telling him how she felt, but that's not something you say over the phone. Not only that, but she didn't want to seem to eager; the only thing giving her the confidence to do this is that she knew for a fact that Jared actually liked her back.

Wow. He liked her back. Jared Padalecki liked her back. That was hard to wrap her head around. But if that was really the case, she wasn't going to question it. This was the first person she had cared about since her and Matt broke up. She wasn't going to ruin that.

She looked up when she felt the taxi jerk to a stop, sighing softly. She was homeward bound again.

***

"You what?" Jared asked around his glass of water, his eyebrows raising questioningly at his friend.

"I got Lizzie's flight info, dude!" Jensen said excitedly.

"Okay, that's great...what does that have to do with me?" Jared questioned, shaking his head.

"It means you're going to memorize the information, take your happy ass to the airport, and surprise her!" Jensen said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Jared's eyes widened and he nearly spit out his water. "What?"

"Dude, it would be the perfect oppritunity for you two to meet! That's all you've been talking about for the past month and a half, isn't it?"

"Well, yeah, but I - I didn't think it'd be this soon..."

Jensen frowned. "Is that a problem?"

"Well, no, but...Jensen, come on. How do we know if she even likes me?" Jared asked, raising his eyebrows in question.

"Who, Lizzie?" Misha questioned as he entered the trailer.

"Hello to you too."

"Oh, don't worry, Jared. She definitely likes you." Misha said confidently.

"How do you know?"

"I can just tell! I see the way you two look at each other. It's pretty obvious."

"Yeah, that and the fact that she told us." Jensen chimed in.

"She did?!" Jared asked, a rush of excitement running through his body as this information. "Like, she actually said to you, 'I like Jared'?"

"Precisely. Although I was trying not to tell you that because I wanted to respect her privacy," Misha said, glaring over at Jensen. "But it's whatever."

Jared grinned, wrenching the sheet of paper from Jensen's fingers and grabbing his jacket off the back of his chair before racing out of the trailer.

"Where the hell are you going?!" Jensen screamed after him

"I'm going to surprise her!"

A/N- This was such trash. Oh well. Hope you enjoyed!! <3