Chapter 20

"Yes mom," I say while crying.

"Oh Angeles," she says in her sweet mother voice.

"I need you more than ever," I say crying into the phone.

"I'll take the next flight out sweetie and I'll be there as soon as possible," she says

"Thank you, mommy," I say

"You need me and that's what mothers are for," she says

"I love you mom," I say

"I love you too sweetie," she says and Hangs up.

I head back to German and Violetta. I sat back down and gave German his phone back. I was sitting their inpatient waiting for news about Hope. The doctors finally came out and let me go in to see my daughter.

I sat next to her bed for hours until she was awake. She seemed in pain I tried to tell her everything was gonna be okay, but she saw how terrified I was. She knew exactly how scared I was she has always known everything about me and I always knew everything about her. We are so close we can read each other like a book, it's hard to hide what's really happening, but I have to stay strong for both of us.

I go out to the waiting room and I tell German and Violetta that they can leave I'll be alright. They do as I say after they leave I go back into the room. I just sit in the chair and look at my baby girl feeling so helpless. I wish I could do more to help her, but I know there is nothing to do but wait for her to start healing. This is all my fault. I should have left Buenos Aires as soon as Francisco showed up. I knew he was dangerous and I didn't leave I stayed in the same city he was in when I should have just left and protected my daughter, but I didn't and now she is in the hospital because of me.

I wish I would have done everything differently I wish I hadn't met Francisco, but that would mean I wouldn't have Hope and I could not imagine a life without her.

Time skip
I was awaken by doctors coming into the room to check on Hope. They said they will have to do some blood work later on in the day and see how she is doing. She will also need a cast on her arm and she may need surgery on the arm, but they aren't sure until they run more X-rays.

My mother just texted me and said she was able to get a flight and she we be flying out in a couple hours and should be here by tonight . I can't wait for her to meet her granddaughter but at the same time I'm terrified about what she'll think of her and if they even get along.