Rocky Trails: Part II

Chapter 6: Rocky Trails: Part II

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sounds of water rippling through my body..."

**Click, clack, click, clack, click, clack**

"Where are those footsteps coming from..."? Meowth begins to look but remembers the blinding light. This time it was careful about the powerful sunlight. However it turned out it didn't have to since there was no sun this time, it was just a clear blue sky. Meowth noticed it was on some trail high in the mountains and was able to see that far off in the distance were tall mountain peaks that were lightly covered in snow. A light began to twinkle hovering around those peaks.

"What is that?" Suddenly sounds of grievous shrieks came hurling at it as the footsteps sounded closer and louder. Meowth ran in the direction that was headed towards the highest mountain peaks. The path was never straightforward but always unwinding. It was running down a rocky path surrounded by the rock walls of the mountains.

**Click, clack, click, clack, click, clack**

The footsteps picked up their pace too. Soon the path and scenery blackened, nothing could be seen except for the twinkling light in the far distance. Meowth continued to run as the footsteps and shrieking noises were still after him. Trying to look for a new path Meowth realized it was running on a big white clock with both hands pointing forward and not moving. To its right it saw another clock, it was moving, but backward and to its left was another clock, but that one was moving forward.

**Tic-tock, tic-tock, tic-tock, tic-tock**

**Click, clack, click, clack, click, clack**

The ticking clocks, fast-paced footsteps and the shrieking all seemed to be chasing Meowth when finally it entered a grassy field. The sound of the clocks stopped, the mountains were still far off in the distance but the twinkling light was coming closer. As the orb of light finally reached Meowth it landed onto Meowth's koban and allowed itself to be absorbed causing Meowth's koban to glow bright enough to silence the shrieking noises for good.

**Click, clack, click, clack, click, clack**

The footsteps were loud as if they were right behind him when they stopped. Blades of grass flew about as it slowly turned around to see who it was. In the far off distance standing in the grassy field was a tall dark human figure covered in shadows, as the human moved his hand Meowth became entangled by the grass dragging it down into darkness. Trying to fight it off Meowth turns to see the mountain peaks again as the flickering light returned to hovering around the mountain peaks. Unable to breathe among the darkness, Meowth blacks out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meowth jolted up as he gasped for air, realizing it was just a dream. It was still nightfall and Meowth was still near the edge of the canyon. Realizing he was still shaking and his heart was still beating fast, he decided that staying in one place won't do him any good. He decided to go for a walk, he went down the path that leads to the bottom of the canyon. The cold, windy climate changed to warm humidity as he entered the lush forest. He was able to pick up the sounds of the river that was coming from different directions. He concluded that there may be more than one river in the area. He walked towards the river that sounded the closest, the grass felt soft, the smells of the leaves were fresh, the full moon was as bright as ever, but his heart was still beating fast.