Strange Encounters

Cularo Town-this was the original name of Grenoble a city that is located at the foot of the French Alps. Cularo was a little Gallic village. While in real life this location is a city I have condensed its size to a smaller town...or I guess you could say I returned it to its roots.

Kairos Clock Tower-is based off of the Three Order Statue that is in Grenoble City. In Grenoble City the statue represents the classes of people asking the same question in three different ways. Kairos is the Greek word for the right opportune moment. (In ancient times specifically.) If you're interested I suggest looking up Cearus, who is the personification of the word

Nomia Inn-comes from the name Nomia, which is the name of a mountain nymph from Greek Mythology

Saul- inspiration is Diogenes of Sinope who was one of the founders of Cynicism. He believed in a life of virtue was better by action. This character while inspired by this historical figure will not be exactly like him. Diogenes was like that crazy old man that you don't want to make eye contact with. What drew me to him is that there were stories about him searching for the "honest man." So I decided to create the honest man and see where it could take me.

Symbolically eyes hold a lot of meanings. In Egyptian and even Western traditions the left eye is considered a lunar trait and the northern direction. The right is the solar symbol and the south direction.

Chapter 9: Strange Encounters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Boy am I tired." Meowth thought as he lagged behind the twerps.

"I should have just let that overgrown weasel win by jumping out of the ring myself." Meowth signed frustratingly.

Nomia Inn was on the other side of town, giving the kids a chance to look around town. They looked at the times for when the earliest monorail would leave for Snowbelle City the next day. They stopped at a few stores on the way. While Ash was looking at small plushies in a window, he saw the reflection of two Pokémon behind him. It seemed like Pancham was making small talk with Meowth as it simply nodded. Ash turned to get a better look at them as he noticed Pikachu, who was on his shoulder, was watching the duo vigilantly.

"You can join them if you want." Pikachu snapped out of its gaze as it turned its attention to Ash.

"Pi, Pikachu!" Pikachu huffed.

"What about you Dedenne?" Bonnie asked Dedenne who was also staring intently.

"De, De!" Dedenne puffed.

Ash turned to the plushies in the window as the reflection of a certain scratch cat appeared. It was just an average looking Meowth, not doing anything in particular. He took a deep breath as he closed his eyes then exhaled. He opened his eyes to see its reflection remain in the window as he quickly averted his gaze.

"Pikachu, I know it's hard but I think you should give Meowth a chance," Ash suggested sincerely.

"Pi!" Pikachu disregarded Ash's statement.

"Old wounds take time to heal, it's not something you can force," Serena advised.

"They do say that Pokémon that are really close to their trainers tend to reflect the same feelings," Clemont added.

"Yeah but I don't mind Meowth as much as I did before..." He paused as he looked down at his feet. "I don't hate it." He mumbled.

"That may be but be honest with yourself. You still feel a little resentment for all the things that happened in the past, right?"