II

Harry along with the men he considered friends, could feel the cold air in the middle of the night as they rushed through the dark and dirty streets of Doncaster. They were trying to escape the men he was supposed to be closing a deal with before heading back to London. He made a sharp turn into a street, trying not to breathe in the pungent smell of piss that seemed to be everywhere before daring himself to look back, making sure his friends Niall and Zayn were still behind him.

He stopped out of nowhere, making the other two men who had been accompanying him all the way from London collide against the other when they couldn't stop on time. Their gazes followed his own noticing the wall in front of them. A dead end. They looked back in panic, watching the men getting closer and just like that, Harry threw himself forward. He climbed the wall without a problem, followed by the other two who didn't hesitate to follow him when the trust between them was unbreakable.

As soon as they were at the top, they jumped down and ran straight to hide in whatever place they could find. They ended up up squeezed together in a narrow crevice below the steps leading up to a back door. They were still trying to catch their breath when Zayn let out a muffled noise filled with pain, making the other two look at him trying to see what was going on.

"Malik? Zayn, are you okay?"

"I'm okay, Niall." Zayn answered, trying to hide the pain on the side of his stomach. He felt a warm wetness knowing he was bleeding, that was it for him.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, trying to move so he could be closer to him. "Zayn, you need to tell me what's wrong!" He hissed, then looked around to make sure no one had heard him.

"Nothing, they grazed me with one of their knives before we got out of there, but it's nothing." Zayn said, and when Harry reached to touch it he pushed his hand away.

"Jesus Zayn, you're bleeding!" Niall exclaimed a little too loud, making the other two hiss at him to shut up.

Harry's eyes widened when he felt the sticky warm liquid seeping out of Zayn's side, gasping when Zayn let out a sharp cry of pain. And when the light he hadn't seen before got closer, he thought it was all over. He tried to get away but soon a man had his arm around his neck in a tight lock while he tried to set himself free. He gasped for air, seeing a few other men grabbing Niall then Zayn, making him scream.

"Let go!" Harry shouted, landing on his hands and knees when the man pushed him forward.

"Who are you and what are you doing here? You're trespassing property, the property of Lord Clark to be exact." The man who had pushed Harry said, still pointing a sword at them while the other two men still had a tight hold on Niall and Zayn.

"We didn't mean to...we were trying to escape." Niall quickly said, hoping they would let Zayn go, now seeing how bad the wound was. He had been stabbed and hadn't said a thing, "Just let us go and we'll be on our way."

"Not so easy." The man pointing his sword at Harry spoke, then turned to another one who was holding an oil lamp, "Lord Clark is gone, get Liam."

Zayn groaned and gritted his teeth together when he was lifted up and taken into a dungeon. Harry and Niall struggled in their hold wanting to help Zayn, seeing the way he was quickly losing blood already looking pale. They were thrown into a cell while Zayn was put into another on a cot as gentle as they could before a girl no older than twenty started working on him. They watched her give him a bottle with a clear liquid which he drank from and minutes later let out an ear piercing cry, making Niall and Harry flinch and get closer to the bars wanting to see what was going on.

"You're going to ruin your teeth." The girl told him, and handed him a rag. "Bite into this, it will help."

Zayn's olive skin was glistening with sweat and his eyes were red. His lips were trembling as he grabbed the rag and bit into it. He nodded at the girl and then looked up at the ceiling, his screams were muffled by the rag and his hands grabbed fistfuls of the old but clean blanket the girl had brought with her.