XII

I didn't edit so please let me know if you see a mistake. Hope you guys like it.

"You didn't eat much." Harry commented, still looking straight ahead when he was holding Louis' hand as they walked around the house.

Louis wanted to go outside, but it was the middle of february and Harry wasn't going to expose him to the cold. Instead, he had convinced him on going on an adventure around the house to explore it. So far they had found out that there was a secret passage from the ballroom to the kitchen.

It was secret because they didn't know it was there until Harry had almost tripped on the edge of the wooden wall/door when it had been left ajar. Louis had laughed and Harry hadn't been embarrassed at all when it had brought a laugh out of Louis after the breakfast fiasco that had been awkward.

"I wasn't that hungry." Louis shrugged. "Remember I ate too much the night before. I could barely sleep when I was too full."

He looked down as soon as Harry looked at him and resisted the urge to look up when Harry moved in front of him. He had to when Harry started kissing the top of his head, not stopping until Louis was looking up. Harry went from kissing the top of his head to kissing his forehead and then finally his lips.

"You need to eat more than a piece of bread, Louis." Harry's expression was serious. "Promise me you will eat everything when we have lunch. I know father made you uncomfortable, that's why I've decided we'll be having lunch in our bedroom."

"I promise you." Louis quickly agreed when he couldn't deny Harry anything.

"Now that you've promised me you will eat everything Lucy brings you, let's continue exploring our home. Shall we?" Harry smiled.

"Okay, but only two more rooms. My feet and back hurt." Louis said, expecting Harry to ignore what he had said and continued walking.

He was surprised when Harry stopped again, and like before, turned to look at him again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"I didn't think it was important. One of the servants said it was normal, and my swollen feet too." Louis told him, biting on his bottom lip when he could see Harry wasn't too happy.

"If they say it's normal then I guess it's true. That's why you should have told me, and I wouldn't have made you walk all over the house. Let me see them." Harry squatted down and gently tried to grab one of Louis' ankles, but his husband ended up taking a step back.

"I'm fine, and I can still walk." Louis held his hands together, unable to look away from Harry as the man stared at him.

"I know you can still walk, but I just want to see them. Please." Harry insisted, letting out a smile when Louis raised his left leg so he could look at his ankles.

Harry grimaced when he saw how swollen they were, and looked up at Louis who couldn't even look him in the eye. Harry found strange the way Louis would never tell him when something was aching or when he didn't feel good. He knew the kind of life Louis had lived before, and he wanted him to know he had started a brand new one with him. He ran his fingers along the skin, looking up when he heard Louis hissing in pain just from a light touch.

"Let's go back to bed, darling." Harry got up and grabbed Louis' hand.

Louis didn't say a word, choosing to follow him instead. Harry made him lay down, telling him to wait there before he walked out of their bedroom. He closed his eyes and put his hands over his belly, only to open them again when he heard the knock on their door. He furrowed his brow and didn't say anything until whoever was on the other side of the door knocked again.