You Look So Cool/Part4

At first, George complained about your extended stop, but when Adam suggested that he could drink and smoke up all day without having to worry about driving, George finally agreed. You had absolutely no idea how to skate, but you were perfectly content sitting at the edge of the pool littered with graffiti, watching Matty scoot back and forth on the skateboard, passing around a joint with the other lads.
Matty failed to hide his grin whenever he caught your eye. At one point, he almost fell as the wheels collided with a beer bottle that he failed to see, because he was fixed on you.
You were fairly certain that you'd never get tired of Matty looking at you that way, even after becoming so used to it. You've been with them for a while now, maybe a month or so, you weren't entirely sure.
You were thriving, or at least you felt like you were. Sure, you'd picked up a bunch of bad habitats, including cigarettes, drinking and drugs, but you liked the way it made you feel more alive than ever.
The only thing that could beat a line of cocaine was being around Matty.
You were beginning to think that you might be a bit in love with Matty. Or a lot. He had saved you after all, he'd taken you in and provided you with the security and protection that you had been missing all these years.
Matty was looking a little too sloshed to continue on the skateboard. You watched as he took the joint that George passed to him before making his way towards you across the way. He sleepily leaned himself over, letting his head fall into your lap and his hand rested on your thigh.

"Were going to hit up another shop tonight right?" You asked as you brushed the hair away from his forehead.

"Yeah, that's the plan." He said, keeping his eyes closed.

You sighed heavily, making him look at you questioning. "You alright?"

"Course," you said shrugging. "Just worried I guess. I don't want you getting hurt or caught you know?"

"Babe," he says, sitting up, "they can't catch us. Were in and out so quickly no one has time to do anything about it. They don't know our names. Were like ghosts. Were like nothing."

"Your everything to me," you whisper, and you can't believe you just said that out loud. You bite your lip and refuse to make eye contact, "I'm sorry, I've just got a bad feeling in my gut, I'm sure I'm being stupid," you brush it off.

"Wait-what? What do you mean by that?" He asks as he gently tips your chin and forces you to look him in the eye.

"I--you know how," you finally say. "Don't act so surprised Matty"

"What would you say...if I said I thought I was in love with you?" Matty whispers, the world around you seeming to stop, as he says these words to you so delicately.

"Then id say I'm in love with you too, have been for a while," you said, trying to bite back the grin hovering on your lips, your eyes sparkling brightly as you drew in a deep breath.

"Good," he said hungrily before pulling you closer to him, your lips brushing against each other's tentatively until Matty pushed into you eagerly, kissing you hard and deep. "Been wanting to do that for weeks," he admitted when you finally pulled back for a breath of air.

You didn't answer with words, you simply press the joint that's been in your hands to Matty's lips, letting him take a puff before connecting your mouths again. He blew the smoke against your lips, which you sucked in eagerly. Your body shook, partly because of the weed, but mostly because of Matty.

...

The sky danced somewhere between a purple and blue colour the next evening. Now that you and Matty had officially declared your love for one another, he insisted on taking you out to the movies. An "official date" he had called it.
You held his hand the entire walk there, stopping in abandoned parking lots and dancing suddenly to no music. He rode his arm and watched you twirl beneath it before colliding back into his chest, kissing him softly. He wrapped an arm around you as you continued to walk the rest of the way.