Nightmare

One of Matty's hands rested on my thigh as the other gripped the steering wheel whilst having a structure of a cigarette placed between his fingers.  Every now and then he would risk the temptation and place the cigarette between his lips, breathing out the smoke into the cold night air.

Matty decided to drive a short cut home, in which you was on edge about. Yes you were tired, and just wanted to get home as soon as possible but this meant you had to drive threw the forest. Let's just say this made you scared. You've never liked the dark, especially driving in it.

The cars headlights illuminate the small narrow path, everything surrounding you was pitch black and the strange noises put you on edge even more.

"Matty, can't we drive the longer way?" I asked whilst grabbing his hand and squeezing it tight, "I don't like this route."

"I can't turn around now babe, we're be out before you know it, there's honestly no need to be scared y/n." Matty assures me smiling slightly whilst taking another inhale of his cigarette. "I'll protect you in case the Axeman appears, I highly doubt he'll turn up though." Chuckling a little to himself as he makes fun of my fear. His thumb strokes over my knee and I lean back in my seat, inhaling his smoke and closing my eyes to pretend we was some place else.

That was until the car suddenly came to a standstill  and I hear Matty muttering cuss words under his breathe.

"Fucksake."

"Fucksake what? Matty what's happened?" I whimper and feel myself tearing up a little already. This was the worst situation you could imagine, something you could class as a nightmare in your opinion. Only a few moments ago he told me everything was going to be ok and now look what's happened, we've stopped in the middle of nowhere, you thought to yourself.

"I'm gonna get out and check the car." Matty announces whilst opening the door and throwing his cigarette out of it.

"No, Matty please don't leave me in here alone. You can't do that to me!" I tighten my grip on his hand whilst he tries to slide out the car. He chuckles again and placed a soft kiss on your cheek.

"Calm down, nothing's going to happen baby." And with that he steps outside, leaving me alone in the car. He put the bonnet up and all the light from the headlights were blocked from view. My hearts beating so fast I swear it's going to jump out of my chest. My palms are sweaty. Eyes watery. Body shaky. I couldn't bare this, feeling more lost and alone then ever i decided to go outside to check on Matty. I walked around to the front of the car. Slowly. Trying to make no noises.

"Matty" I whisper.

No response.

I take one more step and look around to see Matty laying on the floor helpless. Blood is dripping from his head, his shirt was ripped and he was groaning in pain. At first I was too shocked to do anything to even move, but I then rushed over to him. I don't know where to put my hands or what to do. I don't even have my phone with me to call for help , it probably wouldn't have signal anyway. Matty coughed, trying to smile.

"Matty, fuck how did this happen?" I asked worriedly and at the verge of actually crying more then ever now.

"It's nothing" he lies and I frown.

"Matty, I can see your injuries, and look at your shirt. What happened? Was someone here? Who did this to you?"

He's shivered as I stroked his curly hair. I take my jacket off and cover him with it. I can't see how many precisely but he seems to have multiple bruises, a bleeding forehead and a cut lip. For a brief moment I felt the cold air on my skin but in the next the adrenalin was keeping me warm.

"Y/n please get in the car," Matty begs, his voice deep and serious now. "Please for me, just go back into the car."

"No. I won't just leave you out here."

"Y/n listen to me-"

"No!" I say louder and more stubbornly. "There is no way I'm leaving you laying here Matty, I mean it!"

"I'm serious, go now. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Hurt? By what?" I ask him and help him to try and sit up. I hear a chuckle, this time a unfamiliar one. I close my eyes again and try to calm down. Am I hearing things? Am I going crazy? Slowly and cautiously I re open my eyes and turned my head around. A tall man was standing there looking down at me, intimidating and scaring me shitless. A sliver knife glistened in one of his hands.

"Hello beautiful." The man says whilst fiddling with the knife. Matty grabs my hand. I swallow hard. This is the end. We have no chance.

The man comes closer. I start to feel myself tense up as I crawl backwards to protect Matty. The man grabs the bottom of my t-shirt and forces me to get closer to him. My eyes are closed once again. My whole body is shaking and I feel powerless. Matty behind me stands up but before he could do anything a fist connected to his jaw which pushed him back onto the ground.

"Matty!" I screamed

"Ah, it's so satisfying to hurt people who are in love." The man chuckled and puts the knife on my stomach as he holds my neck with his other hand. I could feel the cold metal digging against my skin even threw the fabric. "I hope you enjoy the show I'm giving you with your girlfriend, Matty." He spat.

"I love you Matty." I say before the knife digs into my skin, over and over again.

...

"Baby. Hey. Y/h. Wake up." I feel someone shaking my shoulders, "Hey, everything's ok. Im here. Stop freaking out please." Afew seconds later I adjusted to my surroundings. The deep raspy voice which was in a whispering form spoke softly in my ear.

"Matty," I whispered back, "oh god, i love you, I love you." I murmur.

My breathing goes into a fast pace of relief. I'm alive. Matty's alive. He had a worried expression on his beautiful face. But not a single injury visible. My body was still slightly shaking but I tried to push the horrible pictures from my nightmare out of my head.

"It was just a bed dream. I'm here baby." Matty whispers and leaves soft kisses from my neck to my lips. "You wanna talk about it?" He mumbles into the kiss.

"No, I don't even want to think about it."

"Ok love, just remember that I'm here, I'm not going anywhere."

I bury my face in the crook of his neck whilst I feel his fingers tangling in my hair. His familiar scent and the listening of his heart beat calmed me down. Just a dream. It was just a dream.

"Go back to sleep y/n, your safe I promise you. I love you too much for anything to happen to you." Matty says pulling me even closer to his chest still trying to calm me down some more. His hands moved to slowly stroke my back whilst me leaves smile kisses on my cheeks and our legs slowing intertwined. "I'll be here when you wake up, I love you."

"I love you too Matty." You whisper kissing him one last time before you both drift back off to sleep.