19: State of Existence

"Fate is nothing but the deeds committed in a prior state of existence." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

****

About seven years ago, that was when everything was normal. Before everything, I had a perfectly normal family. I was nine, a jolly little child with a 'happily ever after' speculation. I believed that good always won, and back then, nobody wanted to burst my bubble just yet.

My parents were happily together, a mention of divorce would have been crazy at that time. I had Maddie, my best friend in the whole wide world, to trust and lean on for support. Grayson, eight, hadn't been diagnosed with schizophrenia yet. We believed he was just slightly different with a passion for puzzles and clues, nothing serious.

It was just the three of us, a contended small family. In a small apartment somewhere in the loved Paris, days flying by. We always seemed to find something to do with our free time, as a family.

Saturday nights were my favorite; we'd go bowling, where I'd invite Maddie, and then go to our favorite diner for american burgers. Laughter and bad jokes filled the room, and each week that was what I looked forward to. Maddie, Grayson, and my parents: the only people I'd ever need in this world. And I truly believed that those Saturday nights would continue forever, infinite.

But nothing's forever and good doesn't always overthrow evil, at least not in my world. Saturday nights stopped, they had to at some point. And in the time span of seven years my world went from "perfect to chaotic, a mayhem. Grayson was diagnosed, Maman and my father divorced, we moved to a new house, high school started, my brother disappeared, my mom remarried, Joseph and Nick moved in, and I grew up. All of those things lead up to where I was now.

Marseille. Once again. 

Hey!

Hey!

Tell me what you think! Any thoughts! I am in a rush, so sorry for the short note. Thank you guys for the support and don't forget to comment share, comment & vote! 

Xx,

Maria