20: Landline

I walked, I ran. My heart was beating, faster than it ever had before. Emotions overflowing within my heart, swollen. It hurt, it ached. My stomach was tied up in a million knots, knots of unease. There I stood, in front of the garage.

What should I do? What if he isn't there?!

Finally, I would see my brother, hold him. I pulled myself together, walked in, planning on being polite. Patient. But that wasn't how things went, far from it. Surprisingly, the garage was wide open. She stood there, Sabrina. Sabrina stood there scanning through some documents, there was no time to observe her any more. I was already walking in, looking at her. She heard the footsteps and froze, her eyebrows furrowed together. Sabrina's eyes sparked, they hid something.

"You again?" Her voice didn't fool me, she was nervous. Like the last time, but she had hid it the last time I saw her. Hid what I didn't have a chance to see. Fright.

"It's me again. Tell me where he is, or I swear!" I walked up to her, threatening her. It worked, she backed away.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Her words were like pigs in mud, filthy. She knew exactly who I was talking about.

"Don't you dare lie to me once again! Where is he?" I demanded.

The stranger looked at me, she was shaking. Sabrina was silent, and we continued to stand there. Motionless. She shouted, a yelp of unintelligible words. I didn't understand what was happening. Until I saw. It took me a moment, a moment of realization. His face wasn't as I had last seen it in the hospital. Strong and defined cheekbones, his features molded from granite, and he was taller. Everything about him looked different, more grownup, except for one thing. His ocean blue eyes that held the whole wide world. They were identical to mine, and that's when the moment of realization came to an end. Grayson. 

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

The story is nearing an end. So please share some love, haha. Tell me what you think about it? Who's your favorite character and anything else on your mind. Also, please tell me if you think entering Wattys2017 is a good idea or not. 

Love you,

Maria