Chapter 3: The U.F.T.M.

"So, you never told me what that that weird pendant was. And now I curious to see if it does something cool like that serum the founder made that gave you your powers." Exavior asked with a sly face as he sat down on his couch in his apartment. It wasn't the SMALLEST of apartments, but it was still pretty small. It was a 4 room apartment with a bathroom, bedroom, and the last rooms are the Kitchen and the living room.
"Nice place you got here, let's see, you got a TINY kitchen, a closet with a bed, and a porta-potty." Evan said sarcastically with a smug look on his face
"Don't be a jerk" Exavior growled scowling harshly. He didn't really like it when people commented on his living state, ever since his parents died, he's had problems making friends. "Are we friends?" Exavior asked, his scowl melting off his face into a face of sorrow.
"Of course we're friends! I wouldn't have saved you if we weren't friends!!" Evan said, Putting his hand on Exavior's shoulder and look at him with a look that said "Cheer up!" Exavior read the look and smiled.
"Come with me, I wanna show you something." Evan said, gesturing for Exavior to follow.
"Can it wait till the morning? I'm a little pooped after JUST BEING KIDDNAPED!!" Exavior responded getting up and walking towards his room. The next morning, Exavior wakes up, walks to the bathroom, and brushes his teeth with a blue vibrating toothbrush, and comes out to see Evan sleeping in his recliner. He then started breakfast, which was classic bacon and eggs, and by the time he finished, Evan was sitting the chair up
"Hungry? I made some bacon and eggs, by the way, how'd you sleep?" Exavior asked, flipping the eggs over a few times.
"I slept like a baby, why is that so comfortable?" Evan said, yawning and rubbing his eyes.
"Oh, my dad spent a year's worth of saving for that, and he was a manager of one of your dad's plants." Exavior replied, scooping the bacon and eggs on to 2 plates and put the plates on the table.
"And with the bacon and eggs, there's no way you're gonna match my chefs. They spend years practicing and PERFECTING meals just for my mouth." Evan said sitting down on the "wooden" chairs and putting the napkin on his lap and preforming the correct etiquette.
"You don't need to be all fancy you know, you've already impressed me enough." Exavior said siting down across from him. After he said this though, Evan shrugged, and tucked the napkin into the collar of his shirt, took his fork, and took a piece of egg, then proceeded to stick it in his mouth. But when he did so, his eyes POPPED, and then he scarfed the whole meal down.
"I stand corrected." Evan said wiping his face with his napkin and then maneuvered it with his mind over to the trash.
"So, about that thing you wanted to show me?" Exavior said, standing and putting the dishes in the sink, which to Evan's surprise, was SPOTLESS.
"About that... you know how I disappeared after our encounter on the bus? I was looking for that pendant that you pointed out to me. And I found it, hooked it up to a computer and BOOM! It opened up a map to this old abandoned warehouse, and it's not even in Sprithdaria! It's over in the USA! Utah to be exact." Evan explained as they went outside and took off, and he just kept yammering on during the flight, at least until Exavior told him to shut up as they approached Nevada.
When the landed Evan put Exavior down and gestured for him to take a look inside. He pushed on the old steel doors and the opened with a loud creaking noise that made them cover their ears. When they went inside there were some cobwebs, a few prototypes, one of which was the Trilo-Watch V.33, Which was a neat piece of teach back in the 2050's, it was silver with green detailing and when Evan turned it on, it actually lit up!! As they kept exploring, they found an old yogurt machine, the first hover board, which Exavior grabbed, a few toy model sky-carriers, and an EPIC looking black vest, which Exavior put on.
"Here we are" Evan said, gesturing to a strange shaped object under a giant cloth. They to the cloth off and they were greeted by a HUGE cloud of dust, and a U.F.O.
"I read about these things! These were a myth in the 21 century!" Exavior said, jumping up and down like a little girl. "What were they called again..." Exavior was cut off.
"U.F.O.s, but this is NOT a U.F.O." Evan said raising his eyebrows to look as if he was superior.
"Awwww... I thought it was a U.F.O." Exavior said, drooping down and sitting on the floor.
"You're right, it's not a U.F.O., it's BETTER. It's a U.F.T.M., a Unidentified Flying... TIME MACHINE!!" Evan said gesturing to it as like to say "TADAAAA!!" "Or at least that's what it said inside" when Exavior herd this he jumped up, and looked around for a way to enter. He only found a little oddly shaped indent on the bottom. "This is a machine, and THIS is the key." Evan said, holding up the pendant as it was glowing.
He put it in the spot, AND IT FIT!! The bottom of the Machine lit up around a circle, it lowered, and the two boys got on it. It lifted them up to a room that was bigger than the outside.
"Woah..." Exavior said, looking around to see the thing was still off.
"Woah is right, but It's not on yet, but all I need to do is flip this switch..." Evan said, flipping a switch, and as he did the whole thing lit-up.
"And Voila!" Evan said, gesturing to the WHOLE place.
"Now I press this, turn this, and flip this..." Evan said as he pressed a button, spun a little dial, and flipped a switch, and just like that... they were off...