10 | you're breaking up with me ?

"Never did they want you more than the moment they couldn't have you."
- Jeff Hood -

[ T E N ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

CADE STILL WOULDN'T TALK to me, and it's been three days since the football game. He acted like I didn't exist - even around my parents. Mom and Dad knew better than to ask what was bothering him.

Naomi and the others, however, didn't seem fazed. They kept trying to ask me to hang out, and I've been avoiding them. I think I'm running out of excuses.

I don't think Cade told them about me having lied to them. Part of me is thankful for that, but the other half feels like shit.

"I'm not hungry," I said, pushing the my dinner away from me. That made Mom raise her eyebrows.

"Willow, you haven't eaten at all today," she said.

"I know."

Cade's eyes flickered towards me for a fraction of a second, but then he turned back to his plate.

"Aren't you hungry?" she inquired.

"No."

"Willow. Come on. You have to eat something-"

"I said I'm not hungry!"

My parents looked at me, bemused. They didn't seem incredibly happy at the moment.

"There's no need to speak like that to your mother," my dad said, his voice stern.

I rolled my eyes.

"Willow," he warned.

I knew I was acting like a bitch, but I just wasn't in the mood to care anymore.

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"Hey," mom snapped. "Drop the attitude."

I stood up and left the table without another word. Grabbing Eli's sweater and my keys off the counter, I stormed out the house without another word.

"What's gotten into you?" I heard my mother shout, but I slammed the door behind me before she could continue.

I'm never this moody (even on my bad days), and I had no idea what pushed me to talk to my parents like that. They didn't do anything wrong, and I just hope they knew that.

I've disappointed enough people, and I didn't need to disappoint any more.

Papa John's Pizza was always deserted after 7 o'clock. The only person there other than me was the cashier. Strands of red hair fell over his eyes as he texted someone on his phone. He's cute.

I didn't realize I was staring at him until he looked up, and we locked eyes. A small smile curled his lips, and his brown eyes crinkled a little. Immediately, I looked away.

I decided to text Eli.

     Me : hey

He replied a minute later.

     Eli : what's up?

     Me : r u free right now? I gotta talk to you about something

     Eli : where are you?

     Me : the papa johns next to chester st.