2. The Perfect Team

(Eleven months later)

Phantom Lord's strongest group of S-Class Wizards, the Element 4, were walking down the streets of Oak Town, returning from the train station after a long job that had them away for weeks.

First, was Aria, a big man with a green coat, bandages covering his eyes, easily hidden under a big hat, which had the recognisable symbol that showed he was one of the Ten Wizard Saints. Next, Sol. His nutorious, bouncy body, with his big monicle over his eye. Behind them, Juvia walked with Totomaru, a strong fire mage, who held most of the conversation, to which Juvia listened carefully, no need for replies.

A group of girls walked past, talking about the Grand Magic Games, which was being held very soon, carefully avoiding the infamous group that passed them.

Spite ran cold down Juvia's spine as the words "Fairy Tail" were repeated, along with other guild names. The past eleven months she'd heard nothing but admiration for the guild, especially after they'd defeated the last of the Ballam Alliance, Tartarous, earlier this year. 

"Isn't Lyon Vastia dreamy!" Somebody said.

Remembering a horrid encounter she had with that man a few years ago, while Fairy Tail were still missing, Juvia's eye twitched. Totomaru raised an eyebrow.

Lyon Vastia, the only man brave enough to challenge her and Sol in the middle of the street, as his guild held an enormous search for the Fairy Tail Guild. Lyon had come to the conclusion that it was their guild that was responsible for their disappearance. Their guild, Lamia Scale, had always been superstitious of Phantom Lord. Their rivalry was made even worse when their guild refused to help the legal guilds and their fight against Tartarous. Juvia couldn't help but grit her teeth thinking about how much hatred the other guilds feel towards them.

They were quick to ignore the group of girls, and walked faster.

Once the group reached their guild, opening the doors into the hall, everybody turned to stare. Their return was highly anticipated, but not for the reasons they had thought.

Juvia released a long sigh, taking off her hat and putting a hand through her hair.

"I dunno about you, but I am thirsty," Totomaru started, and hooked his arm around Juvia's, walking her over to the bar, grinning.

It was then, as they walked along the silent hall, that she noticed the lack of people, and the sullen faces of those that were here.

"What's wrong?" She asked the woman at the bar. She sighed, but before she could answer, the door coming from upstairs crashed open.

"Aria! Juvia! Sol! Totomaru!" Sue yelled. All four stared up at her, as she came running down the stairs.

"What is it Sue?" Juvia asked, walking towards her.

"It's the master. He's getting worse."

She needn't say any more. The four power-houses followed Sue, hastily, upstairs, into the masters quarters.

There he stood, bed-ridden, weak, and pale. He had been sick for a year now. A doctor stood bedside him, taking his temperature, and writing things down.

Sue gestured for them to leave, as the doctor took out some medicine.

"We need to do something," Totomaru muttered. "This isn't good. He needs to get to a hospital."

"Aria?" Juvia turned to her companion. He only shook his head sadly. He couldn't do anything. His magic didn't possess the same healing ability as an air dragon slayer.

"He's going to be okay?" Juvia asked Sue.

Sue sighed. "He's a good doctor; best in the business. The only problem is we can't afford the medical bills. He's demanding a fair price, seeing as he'll be here a while to help the master."

The wizards were silent. Juvia bit her lip while Sol paced back and forth.

A second later, he grinned at the group.

"Sol? What is it?" Totomaru asked, smirking at his grin.

He dissapeared, then appeared again, holding a poster.

Without Juvia seeing a thing, he passed the sheet to Totomaru.

"You're kidding me, aren't you?" Totomaru started. Aria raised an eyebrow.

Juvia impatiently grabbed the piece of paper. Everyone was quiet as they watched her read.

"The X792 Grand Magic Games" was all Juvia had to read.

She looked up at Sol with a stoic face. "No."

Sol's face fell. "Oh, Juvia! Look at the award! My darling, imagine what we could do."

"We don't compete in stupid things like that. And it's just going to be a parade celebrating how wonderful Fairy Tail are."

This time, Totomaru was taking Sol's side, which was rare, seeing as he was so in love with Juvia.

"Look at that, 30 million jewel. Less than quarter of that would pay for the medical bills. Think of what we could do. If we won, we'd be the greatest guild in Fjore again. We'll show those Fairy Tail members who's worthy of that title."

Juvia was quiet. She sighed, but some cackling interrupted her, and Gajeel appeared behind them, followed by Pantherlily.

"Count me in," Gajeel smirked. "Although, I'll just add that we're already the greatest guild in Fjore."

"Gajeel," Juvia muttered.

"Any opportunity to fight some people, I'm there. It's so sad and boring around here these days."

Sue was staring from one to the other. Then some painful coughing came from behind the door. She flinched, then looked up at the five power houses in front of her. Revelation flickered through her as she stared in awe at them.

"The perfect team," she whispered to herself, then said to them: "You five. With you as the team, we're bound to win."

Aria looked at Juvia, who looked at Gajeel, who grinned evily.

"Well?" Totomaru started. "Hows about it?"

"We must ask the master first," Juvia muttered.

Gajeel laughed at her. "Yeah, like he's gonna say yes. Come off it. If we do it and win, we can pay for the bills and he'll be in our debt. And if we lose, well, we just go on like nothing happened. But we won't lose."

"It could work," Aria finally spoke. He tilted up his hat, and sighed at the door. "Let's do it."

Juvia frowned. Totomaru nodded, Sol grinned, and Gajeel smirked proudly at himself.

"We're gonna win for sure!" Sue grinned.

* * *

After only an hour, the whole guild had come to learn of the plan. Their strongest, most powerful mages were going to compete in The Grand Magic Games. This was the first time Phantom Lord would compete.

Sue ran forward to the group, who were talking it over, and smiled.

"We're officially signed in. Congratulations."

Gajeel grinned again, then put his arm around Juvia's shoulder.

"This will be entertaining."

The blue-haired girl stared at the floor.

"Yes, it will be."