17. Mystery

"The scores for the end of the day are as followed:

In the lead are Phantom Lord with 59 points, Fairy Tail have 47, Sabertooth have 39, then Lamia Scale have 31, Mermaid Heel have 28 and Blue Pegasus have 6. Tomorrow is a mandatory day off, and seeing as more members have been filling hospital beds the past few days, I'm sure the contestants are gonna need it! We can't wait to see you for the Grand Final!" 

The commentator turned off his microphone and sighed loudly, his heart thudding nervously after trying his hardest to make light of what had just happened. He turned to his guest commentator, a member of the council named Lahaar, as the audience were hurrying away.  

"Do you think they'll be disqualified?"

Lahaar shrugged, narrowing his eyes at the blood-stained wall on the other side of the stadium. 

"I don't know. I guess it's up to the organisers. If it was up to me, they would be banned from competing. What we just saw there was terrifying. I know that's the aim of the game for them, but Phantom Lord has taken it too far, twice."

* * * 

"Gray! Natsu! Oh my god! Are you guys okay?" 

A huge group of  Fairy Tail members rushed into the hospital room. Their guild mates were lying in bed, unconscious. The guild's healer, Porliusica, was pouring some more medicine into Gray's mouth and was wiping blood from his face. 

"How did she manage to do this much damage?" Lucy sighed, holding Natsu's hand. 

"She was so angry. Did you hear her screaming? Her magic power was off the chart," said Erza, frowning. She had just walked in after checking in on Kagura. Everybody turned and watched her. 

"They're going too far," she muttered at the floor. "I know the point of the games is to knock out the other teams, but there's no need to go this far," she said, looking at Natsu and Gray and frowning. "She almost killed them," she added, shuddering.

"And so did that big guy," said Laxus, referring to Aria. "I know I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that spell he has."

"They're all powerful. That other guy really did a number on Lyon, and you saw how good their dragon slayer was too." 

"And now she's a dragon slayer, too. And she has something seriously in for Gray."  

Wendy frowned, and turned to Erza. "Master recognised her. He said something about her crest, that she's a part of the Lockser family. Does that help you in any way?"

Erza raised an eyebrow. "No, I don't recognise the name. They sound prestigious, though."

"He said she was the 'lost daughter,' and the 'only remaining member of the family.'"

"Did Gray say anything else about her?" Lucy asked Porliusica, who was equally as confused. 

"No, he didn't say anything else. He passed out straight away and hasn't awoken yet." 

"Hmm."

"Who cares who she is? They're a danger to the guilds. They must be disqualifies. Who knows what else they have up their sleeve," said Elfman.

"Where's Master?"

Porliusica bit her lip. "I haven't seen him since everybody left. He did look furious. Now, come on children. Stop ranting. I know you're angry, and you have every right to be. But just let me heal these two properly and they should be okay to fight again in two days time. Don't worry now. Go back to your inn and stay out of trouble," said Poliusica. "I'm sure Makarov will explain everything and what he meant later. For now, rest. Come back and see them tomorrow," and the guild started to leave, upset and angry at the Phantom Lord traitors.