So, we're cool?

ALISHA’S POV

I was lazing around with my brothers chatting on the most unimportant topics, when Salman’s phone chimed with a text and he smirked to himself. I had changed into jeans, a tank top and a shirt which I had left open.

“Now that you only need shoes, grab them and we’re going out.” He said, getting up and calling for Tyson to accompany us. I wondered what it was about. Maybe some movie thing? Shrugging I entered the walk in closet and walked to the shoe section. Picking up knee length boots with heels, and a clutch that matched the outfit, I walked out into the room. Grabbing my cards, cash and other stuff, I went out to see my brother waiting outside besides his white Bentley.

I hopped into the passenger seat, and the engine roared to life only with his voice. Technology. Tyson was in the backseat, sitting quietly.

“You know, I regret getting drunk and fighting at your party.” Salman said, not taking his eyes of the road which was unusually deserted.

“Yeah, I know.”I replied, placing a hand softly on his shoulder. His behavior still wasn’t justified to me, they were my guests; and his guests too, since he was the host. But then, the damage was done, and he did wish he could undo it.

“I don’t think stuff will get better between me and SRK. But, that doesn’t mean you guys shouldn’t hang out.”

“What…”                                          

“You and his kids are pretty close. Being in the spotlight, being in a competitive sport, being Cambridge students, you have a lot of similarities. I can see why you guys are good friends. So, you and Aryan shouldn’t drift away because his dad and your brother don’t get along. You are by no means our slaves. And, adults are stupid, you know.”

He completed his little speech and I realized how much I had missed him. Aryan was my age, and his sister was just three years younger to me. With both of them competing in Taekwondo on an international level, both being star kids and stuff, we did confide in each other. We knew what each of us went through. I obviously missed my brothers more, but now that everything was fine between us, I realized I needed to fix other relations too. I valued our friendship, and his parents and my brothers knew that. With the fight that had divided the show business industry into two, even we hadn’t spoken to each other. I was afraid he wouldn’t want to see my face after the drama that happened.

“Here we are.” He stopped infront of Barista, my favorite coffee shop in Mumbai. Tyson got down with me, and Salman winked at me before driving off. What was going on? He told me not to break our friendship, philosophical shit, left me at Barista, winked and left? Weird.

Whatever. It didn’t make sense, but I could grab some Mocha atleast. Walking into the café, the first person I saw was none other than Aryan. I grinned, but it disappeared instantly. What if it was just a coincidence? Our houses were nearby, and I knew he liked to grab coffee after practice. He probably hated me after the fight that happened between his dad my brother.

We stood there, staring at each other.

“I’m sorry.” I made an effort to start a conversation. Who knew if he actually wanted to talk to me too, but had the same thought process as me?

“I should be.” He shrugged, and hugged me. He was sweaty and stinky, but it felt good to be in a friendly embrace. We had known each other since childhood. We had learned to cycle together, his dad taught me some soccer and my brothers taught him some surfing. And he being a guy never had the girl drama going on. Maybe my dislike for drama was the reason majority of my friends were guys.