CH006

Chapter 6: Lin Shu, He Chenguang, Who is the Stronger Sniper?

   Two rounds of 400-meter and 500-meter competitions have been held for the sniper competition. Eight of the original 17 challengers have been eliminated, while none of the original nine snipers have been eliminated.

  But everyone knows that the first two rounds are just appetizers, and the third round of competition is the beginning of the main event.

88 Sniper, the sniper rifle currently in service in the Chinese army, uses 5.8mm caliber bullets, which are common to 95 automatic rifles, and has an effective range of 800 meters, but in fact, it is very reluctant to hit a target of 600 meters.

   After all, at the beginning of its design, it was positioned to provide support for the first-level infantry squad units within a range of 600-800 meters.

  If 500 meters is a test of sniper shooting skills and stability, then 600 meters requires years of training and a certain amount of talent.

  In the four rounds of sharpshooters, many can hit 500 meters, but when it comes to 600 meters, the ratio is almost only 10:1...

At this moment, not to mention the challenges, even the original nine snipers swallowed subconsciously as they looked at the slender flagpole 600 meters away.

  The 600-meter shooting is almost their limit. Even if they train on weekdays, the success rate is only 60% to 70% under the condition of stable performance.

   They subconsciously glanced at Lin Shu and He Chenguang and found that the latter's face was still calm, and he even looked confident, and there was an inexplicable tension in their hearts!

   I don't know if they are sure, or if they are pretending to be calm.

  But with this mentality, I can't accept it...

   "Yes, there are so many people left in the third round. It seems that you have not been lazy in your usual training, which is worthy of praise! I just don't know how many people will advance in this round?"

  Gong Jian showed a satisfied smile on his face: "Now I announce that the third round of challenges begins! Time 30 seconds!"

   He gave this order.

  Snipers and challengers all took a deep breath, put away all distracting thoughts, and made preparations before shooting.

"boom!"

   It was still Lin Shu who fired the first shot, but everyone was no longer surprised by it. This brave one seemed to be practicing guns instead of a competition.

  After an interval of five or six seconds, "Bang bang bang..." A gunshot was heard one after another, and the colorful flags 600 meters away kept falling.

  After the third round of the competition, four people were eliminated, and it is worth mentioning that one sniper was eliminated!

  Seeing that he was eliminated, the sniper's eyes were full of remorse and unwillingness.

  Seeing this, the remaining 8 snipers felt awe-inspiring. They knew very well that it wasn't that the sniper was not strong enough. The error rate was indeed not low when playing the colorful flag at a distance of 600 meters. They hit it this time, but it doesn't mean they can hit it again.

They couldn't help looking at the remaining 5 challengers, especially Lin Shu and He Chenguang, and they became even more nervous!

  The next 700 meters will be a brutal knockout round. Even for snipers like them, the success rate is only 20 to 30%.