00 :: Prologue

Contrary to popular belief, Sasori wasn't a man who never cared about anything. He wasn't a man who did everything passively and indifferently. He was a man who had too much passion for the things he cherishes. And he certainly was a man who fights for a fixation.

He was a man who insists on something he believed in. Something he often exercised when he always had argued with Deidara due to their contrasting views about art.

He had defended his adoration for puppets and his desire for eternity. He was known as a man who apparently had a fetish for those wooden figures, saying that it was integrated unto the fact that he pursued eternity. He was so close to actually turning himself into one.

Aside from those who were an exception, no one else dared to question his fixations.

And no one would've thought that he would be finding another thing to love. That he would find another thing to fight for and defend. Much less, that it was a woman.

He, himself, never thought about it even for once. Or even stopped to consider it. That his supposedly hollow heart would ever be occupied.

::

The crimson-haired man walked around the unfamiliar setting.

He was assigned on a mission. And much to his dismay, it was on a secluded area. An unnamed village that sat miles away from any border of a shinobi country. Not affiliated with any of the major nations.

And he was all alone.

There wasn't anything interesting on said village, confusing him all the more as his mission was to scout the village for any suitable person for recruitment into their criminal organization. But as the former Suna-nin observed more and more, he noticed that no one from this no name village would ever be suitable, rather, willing to be a part of Akatsuki.

They were too kind.

Pacifistic even.

Crossing paths with a kind person will never be called a rarity on this place. Each person you come across is annoyingly, as he says so, kind. So much that they might as well be saints. But he did realize just why their leader, Pein, had taken interest into this small, unnamed, and kind village.

Because despite their harmless appearance, and demeanor, they all carry a bloodline limit. The ability to control ones bones. To control your own body's calcium, more precisely. Its recovery, quantity, strength, and everything else that practically comes with the word control.

They were descended from a clan that rooted from Otsutsuki Kaguya. The Kaguya Clan. And though they are not directly from the Kaguya Clan, they possessed the kekkei genkai that came with the same surname.

And there she was.

Kaguya Karina.

Her light red hair that became more and more vibrant every time the bright rays of the sun caressed it. Her emerald eyes that seemed to shine brighter than any star. The small chuckles and laughs that sounded like it was a song from the lips of angels. Her smile that strangely shed a light to the deepest, darkest abyss.

He was taken away.

No, he didn't fall in love the moment he laid his eyes on her. Rather, he fell in love the moment their eyes met. And he fell deeper and deeper in love as they met.

It was a slow process. His infatuation slowly turned into adoration. Then into something that he would dare to call 'love'.

He can't take his eyes of off her should it start to take notice of her. If he didn't know better, he would say that he was obsessed. But he thought that it was such a vulgar word to use to describe this strange feeling that he had towards Karina.