Chapter Five

"Not Tonight"

Monday turned out to be another dull work day. Evelyn punched in and went to the department she'd been assigned to work in. She spoke to everyone then buried herself in files for the rest of the morning. At lunch time, not wanting to be gawked at, she went to sit in her car to eat her submarine sandwich. She'd sworn off tuna for a while.

She'd placed the club flyer with the information for the pole dancing class on the passenger's seat. Once she finished her sandwich, she dialed the number on the flyer and set up an appointment for later that evening, right after work.

She smiled as she walked back toward the building because she finally had something to look forward to. Her smile turned into a frown when she looked down and saw the huge mustard stain on the front of her white blouse. Why did that always happen when she wore white? She turned back around to go get her sweater out of the car to cover the spot.

Evelyn pulled up in front of the dance studio located in a small strip mall. The outer window graphics displayed an image of a woman posing on a pole. In bright pink letters were the words "Pulse Exotic Fitness." The address and phone number of the studio were also displayed on the glass.

She could see the reflection of her car and the cars parked next to her in the window. Since she hadn't had time to run home and change, she threw on a sweater to cover the yellow stain on her shirt and got out of the car.

She entered the dance studio tentatively. Since it was a little after 5 o'clock no class was in session. She stood in a small room that consisted of a counter with a cash register. Around the room were different pole dancing accessories like bootie shorts, tank tops, tee-shirts, heels and even fitness poles. She fingered the tag on a few items and decided she'd buy her clothes elsewhere since the prices were a little too steep for her budget. She stood admiring a black rhinestone studded cage romper that adorned a mannequin.

"That one is available in a variety of sizes and also comes in turquoise and white," a sing-song voice said from behind her.

"Oh, I'm not here to buy anything. I have a consultation at 5:30."

"Oh, hello. You must be Evelyn Williams," said the petite blonde that stood about 5' feet tall, but was all breasts. She resembled a mini Dolly Pardon. "Come on back." Evelyn followed her into an adjourning room.

"My name is Eleanora, and I'm the owner of Pulse Exotic Fitness." They shook hands quickly. "Let me show you around."

They had entered a gym-like room that had a shining wooden floor with several platinum poles extending to the ceiling. The front wall was composed of all mirrors. The back wall was decorated with zebra-print curtains, draped with pink and black feather boas. "Here is where we conduct our pole dancing classes. Go ahead and touch the pole, get a feel of it."

Evelyn touched it with her index finger. "It feels nice," she said.

"I take it you want to sign up for beginner pole dancing classes?" she asked and Evelyn nodded. "In our beginner classes you will learn beginner spins, like the front hook, back hook, martini, stag, fireman and Hollywood spin. You will also learn beginner poses. These include the knee bridge, shoulder bridge, full bridge, forearm stand, forearm stand bow and arrow, fang, leg cross, pin-up girl, side pin-up girl and more. You will also learn beginner floorwork."

"F-floorwork?" she stammered.

"Yes. That's where you'll learn to walk around the pole. You'll learn your half turn, full turn, how to do hip circles, the body wave, frisking the pole, clock legwork, log roll."

"Wow. It sounds like a lot."

"You will also learn beginner slides," Eleanora continued. "And climbs. Don't get intimidated. We're here to teach you everything you need to know. Are you interested in training in a group setting or one-on-one?"