Chapter 9

clara jane

     Seeing that it is just Sebastian acting silly, I decide to play along. I see his eyes are a bit darker now, now the beautiful melted bronze I've had the pleasure to see only a few times before. I crouch down a little bit also, to mock his current stance and laugh a little when he yips happily. I bare my teeth at him to which he reciprocates the action, showing his pearly canines. I do some kind of fake growl and start circling the large beast playfully. The wolf huffs and then growls a real growl which would've really scared me if I didn't know that it was just for laughs. Finally, I take my lunge at the beast which he dodges quite easily and even takes the time to roll around on the ground as if mocking me by saying 'come and get me'. I roll my eyes and decide, hey, why not show this guy what I'm made of. I highly doubt I could actually hurt this huge beast but figure that maybe I should take it easy on him, just a little.

     I charge at the large animal but it immediately backfires. He simply bends down and picks me up with his head and rolls me over his back. I hit the ground with an 'umph' and huff while brushing the dirt off of my outfit, getting a little annoyed. Sebastian takes this time to trip me making me land on my back and I groan before he pins me down, his snout just above my nose. He sees my face distort in pain because the fall knocked the wind out of me and he starts whimpering. He licks my nose affectionately which makes me chuckle a bit while still trying to catch my stolen breath. He climbs off of me and nuzzles into my side knowing that he can't heal me.

      I am going to shift back now. Whether you want to watch or not is up to you because I can go behind a tree if you'd like. I shake my head thinking that maybe if I see the 'shift' it will make more sense to me. He nods and stands really still. The sound of bones popping (sounds like knuckles popping) fills my ears as I watch the transformation before me. Sable fur to golden flesh. Large paws to large hands and feet. Snarling snout to smiling mouth and slightly crooked nose. Wild beast to wild man. The beautiful man turns to me in all his nude glory but I keep my eyes locked in his, the gold entrancing me. 

    "I'm so sorry about tripping you. I forgot that you are more fragile than I thought." He immediately apologizes for his accident and I smile gently to show forgiveness. "It's okay. It didn't even hurt all that bad, just knocked the wind out of me." I say simply while we walk back towards the castle. After he shifted, he was nude and walked a little ways away to get clothes. He came back with a pair of shorts and explained that in case of emergencies, he hid clothes in every few trees. "I still feel awful. I said I'd never hurt you and I did. My biggest apologies, Clara." He declares while stopping and making me face him. I put my hand on his bicep gently, trying to ignore the way the muscle unclenched when I touched it, and look him in the eyes. "Sebastian. I said it is alright. I know you didn't mean to, that's what matters." I try to get this through his thick scull and all he does is sigh and nod.

~~~~

     After a wonderful lunch of luscious tomato soup and cheese bread, Blue decides to pay us a visit. "Alpha, the pack is starting to be very confused about the pups you scared and why." This is probably the most serious I've ever seen Blue. Sebastian turns to me and says, "You don't have to come with me if you don't like but I'm sure the pack would like to meet their Luna." My eyes widen when I realize that he is addressing me. "T-The pack? How big is it?" I stutter nervously remembering that he is some kind of royalty over all wolves. "It is strictly local, not a lot. About 400 wolves, all very respectful." Sebastian answers strongly, confident in his ruling body. I gulp at the thought of all of the people but figure that it would be unfair to keep them in the dark any longer.

     I nod in agreement and the two boys look at me surprised. "Really? Because I mean you could wait..." Blue assures to make sure I am positive with my decision. "I am positive. These people deserve to know who will be by the side of their... Alpha, is it?" I get a nod in confirmation from Sebastian who continues listening intently. "Well, they deserve to have some light shown down on their confusion. It was going to happen sooner or later, might as well do it sooner." I explain my decision to the two men in front of me. Sebastian smiles proudly and turns to Blue then says, "We will have the ceremony tomorrow at twilight." Blue nods happily and scampers off the spread the news.

     Before I even know it, the next day has flown by and my worrying is at it's peak for tonight. "Luna, your gown is hanging on the door." Mrs. Ella states while knocking on the bathroom door. "Thank you, Mrs. Ella." I thank her while drying my damp hair. My skin radiates a scent of lilacs and rose petals because of the homemade infused bath salts Mrs. Ella made for me. I walk out in a beautiful satin robe and see Mrs. Ella sitting on my perfectly made bed. "Oh! Mrs. Ella you... startled me. What are you still doing in here?" I ask while pulling the robe tighter around my body. "I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but in the lycan community, we are very secure with our nudity. But I will leave if this makes you uncomfortable, Luna." Mrs. Ella explains simply while standing from my queen sized bed. "No, no, it's okay. If I am going to be a part if this life then I need to be secure with it too." I say honestly then it just now realized what I said.

     I'm going to be part of this life. This is my life now. I'm going to rule over a whole species alongside a man I hardly even know. I gulp and Mrs. Ella seems to know what is going through my head because she rushes up to me. "No, no, no, bluebell. Don't back out now. You are a confident, courageous woman who is going to do wonderfully ruling a faithful group of wolves. You will be alongside a man who was made for you by the Moon Goddess herself. Everything will go wonderfully, baby." Mrs. Ella reassures me with joy. My spirits are lifted quickly by her reassurance which I am very thankful for, knowing it is too late to back out now and that I can't escape even if I wanted to.

     "You look... radiant." Mrs. Ella says with tears in her eyes as I twirl in the angelic, white, floor-length dress. The delicate fabric rubs against my freshly shaved legs happily and slides through my fingers like water. Apparently it is tradition for the Luna to wear white to symbolize purity and security while the Alpha wears red to symbolize power and strength. The whole pack also wears some kind of white clothing to show a new connection to the Luna. The two rulers slice their palms and press them together. The blood drips over a goblet of wine which we will both take a sip of the show the bond to each other and their pack. Or that is what Mrs. Ella told me. This will be a formal introduction ceremony.

     I nervously wring my hands together while Mrs. Ella takes my ash-colored hair out of a French brain leaving waves in its place. Blue bursts in the room in a white button down shirt and black dress pants and exhales deeply. "Janey you look... like, stop breathing beautiful." He says breathily without blinking. Mrs. Ella clears her throat while stepping in front of me. "Alpha would have you nailed to that wall right there if he heard you saying that." She says protectively to the now embarrassed boy. "I-I didn't mean it like that. I respect you as a woman and proud to call you my Luna. I apologize." Blue stutters while bending down on one knee honorably to show his respect. I blush profusely, not used to the odd gesture. I push a stray piece of my platinum hair behind my ear and address the kneeling man in front of me. "Blue, honey, stand up." I say while patting his shoulder which makes him stand up. "Well, let's go." He says simply while outstretching his elbow for me to lace my hand through, which I do happily.

A/N: 475 READS!! 30 VOTES!! THAT'S CRAZY!! thank you all so much for the support, you guys make me strive to keep this up. hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. by for noway little valentines ;)