Chapter 22

3rd person

     The rain pounds against the windows, adding to the worry that courses through Clara's veins as the moon starts to rise. Where is he? She taps her foot impatiently while sitting on the steps, not wanting to lie in her bed if Sebastian isn't by her side. She thinks about Blue's excuse of the fact that Sebastian was visiting neighboring packs but shouldn't he be back by now if they are neighboring? She tries to keep bad thoughts of her mate being injured out of her mind but she can't help but worry. Almost subconsciously, she lies down uncomfortably on the carpeted stairs and falls asleep after an exhausting day.

     Sebastian trudges through the mud, the angry rain pelting against his fur. His paws beat against the ground as he swerves gracefully through the trees, digging into the ground so he won't slip. The only thing running through his mind is the thought of Clara sleeping soundly alone in their bed. His beautiful angel is the only thing that kept him pushing through the day and her safety is what kept him from running back home to her. Estelle's threat creeps into his mind but he just growls and pushes harder against the earth, ready to reach his belle.

     The clapping of the unhappy thunder wakes Clara from her sleep. She jumps as if she has been shocked and looks around the empty bedroom, very dejected to find the other side of the bed equally as empty. Suddenly, the door to the bedroom creaks open and a sopping wet Sebastian walks in looking less than enthused. He grumbles to himself while shaking out his long hair like a dog before looking towards his mate, surprised to see her watching him tiredly.

     "What are you doing still awake, baby?" Sebastian asks with his voice a little over a whisper. "The thunder woke me up. I think Adam brought me up here earlier, I originally fell asleep on the stairs." She explains with a sheepish smile. Her mate strides over to her and sniffs her down like a bloodhound making her giggle. "I don't like his scent on you." He grumbles in her neck but his anger softens when she begins playing in his long, damp hair.

     He hands her a sweater he found of his and stares at her while she holds it. Looking between them, she makes a 'turn around' motion with her finger. "I am your mate. Your body, your heart, and your soul are all mine." Sebastian growls without moving from his position. She rolls her eyes and walks into the bathroom, changing quickly. She looks at herself in the mirror and smiles at the sight of herself in his sweater and wonders to herself why she didn't wear his clothes all day.

     She shouldn't have missed him as much as she did. She knows that they will have to be away from each other some times and possibly for longer than a day but the thought is almost something she couldn't bare. Her heart is so attached to the man and after such a short amount of time. She'd like to blame the attraction she feels towards the man on the mating bond but in the back of her mind she also understands that it could be the fact that she had very little contact with people growing up. She hadn't had many friends due to the fact that she was so sheltered by her Nan, so of course she is going to fall fast for someone who admits that he is her lifelong soulmate.

     Yawning and rubbing her eyes, she walks back into the bedroom to find Sebastian clear of traces of the storm and looking very tired. "Long day?" Clara asks while crawling into the bed and lying next to her mate, happy to finally be near him. She curls close to him, enjoying the warmth he emits and can't help but notice how cold she has been all day. 

     Her snow-like hair surrounds them like a blanket and envelopes them in her scent, something Sebastian had been craving all day. "You have no idea, baby." Sebastian groans while bringing her impossibly close to him, making them look like one being. He kisses up her shoulder and all the way to her lips making her smile gently. "Happy to finally be here with you, though." He whispers while rubbing his nose gently against Clara's.

     The two mates fall asleep in each other's arms, both overcome with contentment from being near each other after a full day without each other.

     Little did they know what kind of storm was raging in the little old woman in town. The natural disaster inside of Estelle rivals the one outside of their windows. 

A/N: sorry about the shortness of the chapter )): expect an ending soon also