Chapter 3- After effects

For a week after the incident I felt too humiliated to leave my room. I didn't eat because I felt as if I would throw up every single bite I consumed. I didn't sleep because every single time I closed my eyes, I saw him, and the faces of all the people at the party, looking down on me. I felt too awkward to speak to my mum after lying and then breaking down in front of her, she barely even knew of Brad. His name was enough to make me feel nothing but self-pity and regret. Regret for ever allowing people to mean something, regret for letting people in, regret for trusting someone who claimed to love me. What the fuck was love.

I felt horrible for shutting my mum out, she only cared but I guess the humiliation took control and made me shut down completely.

The week after was better, me and my mum were closer than we've ever been and she was great. I was eating again but only small parts of meals, not nearly as much as I should have been. My sleep was terrible, I woke up screaming almost every night and my mum was right there, cradling me in her frail arms, she laid with me until I fell asleep and when I woke up she was still there: holding me; protecting me.

Once I felt stable enough to leave my bedroom, my parents sat me down at the dining room table and confessed to me that they had sorted everything out for me. Brad had been arrested for sexual assault- it then came out he had done the same thing to another female last year. He served  3 years in prison, he deserved much longer.

Although everyone now knew that I did not lay a finger on Brad, I still couldnt leave the house. I couldn't face it because I knew that some people would still side with him and that's just the way it was.

I spent an excessive amount of time in bed, most of my friends felt horrible for pressuring me into getting with Brad in the first place and asked to go out for a coffee but I couldn't bare it.

I felt horrible but I knew I would have to go out sometime, just not any time soon.

A/n: sorry for all these short chapters, the next part will be in Emily's mum's point of view, enjoy!!