Chapter 2: Planning

Naruto groggily opened his eyes to find that it was morning. The light of sunrise shone through his apartment window as the wind blew the curtains in waves. Wait...apartment?! With that thought, Naruto shot up and unceremoniously fell from his bed.

"Ow...ouch," Naruto whimpered.

"Well Kit. You should calm down," Kurama commented tiredly as he smirked. Naruto found himself in his mindscape courtesy of a certain Fox.

"Kurama!" Naruto shouted happily as he hugged the huge furball in his mindscape.

"You did it! I am in my old apartment again!" Naruto laughed as he further inspected his 12 years old body. He smiled sadly as he felt around his malnourished young body. He quickly brushed it off however, determined to eat better than just Ramen all the time. Though not like he had any other options back in the day. Henge no Jutsu will be playing a very useful role this time around. He could not believe that he never thought of using such a basic technique to live a better life in his childhood. Naruto shook his head at the thought, finding it silly. His thoughts stops short when he heard Kurama spoke.

"That's all and good. You have to get going and meet up with those two, right?" Kurama said softly.

"Kurama? What's wrong?" Naruto asked concerned as he noticed that the Fox isn't quite well.

"That Jutsu took a great toll on my chakra so I am exhausted. Nothing serious to worry about," Kurama said reassuringly.

"Are you sure?" Naruto asked sadly.

"Yup! I'll be back in top condition in no time!" Kurama cheerfully said.

"...Okay," Naruto finally give in accepting the white lie, but not before he imagined several meat dishes for Kurama in his mindscape.

"Eat well and get better okay, Kurama!" Naruto half-yelled. Kurama chuckled fondly at his host's antics and gobbled the feasts before him. He soon closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber. Naruto's cheerful demeanour morphed into a frown.

"Looks like it will be awhile until I can talk to you again, Kurama...," Naruto said feeling lonely as he exited his mindscape and brought his consciousness back to his apartment. Naruto looked around and grimaced at the mess his apartment were in.

"I can't believe I was so sloppy back then, or is it now? Ha ha ha, it feels so weird...," Naruto said softly as he made a hand seals and created 5 shadow clones to clean up the place. In the meantime, Naruto went and clean himself up then changed his clothes out of his sleep wear. After leaving a few instructions to his clones, Naruto jumped out of his window and landed on the ground expertly without a sound and headed towards the Uchiha compound. Ignoring the glare and hatred filled looks from the villagers, Naruto opted to immerse in his thoughts and plan ahead before reaching the compound, making a better use of his time than spacing out in blank thoughts.

"After this, I need to head back to my house, the Namikaze-Uzumaki Compound and clean up the place there too. I think I will stay at the compound from now on, keeping a shadow clone at the apartment to distract the ANBU and Lord Third's attention so I can move about more freely," Naruto thought to himself.

At the Namikaze compound, Naruto will have access to all the resources and space that he needs. As well as his wealth, being the only heir to two powerful and wealthy clans. He mostly needed to use the study room, the library, basements that holds his family's scrolls and techniques, and the training rooms. He will create a seal for Sasuke and Shikamaru that will allow them access to the Namikaze compound. They can freely practice their taijutsu, ninjutsu, fuinjutsu and others there at the training rooms.