Chapter 6: Introductions?

"Naru...Naru...to..." muffled noises was heard and Naruto kept tossing and jostling around on top of his bed.

"NARUTO!!!" A huge shout and a kick to his stomach pushed the wind out of the sleepy blonde. Naruto gasped in pain, jumped, stood on his bed and whipped around alarmed in a fighting stance.

"What? What is it? What, what?" Naruto asked in alert.

"Wake up you sleepy head or you are going to be late! Breakfast is ready. Clean up and get ready!" Sasuke said irately as he left the room to the kitchen. They were back at the Namikaze compound.

After the case of Mizuki, they met and summarized what happened to Sasuke. In the weekend, they trained and re-summoned their summons to receive their reports on their reconnaissance and spying done on Orochimaru, Akatsuki and Danzo. After analyzing the information they had gathered and discussed on it, they sent their summons away to resume their missions. Naruto also dispelled his clones spread out all over the village in groups of ten and analysed the information carefully then convey them to his strategist & advisor, Shikamaru and ANBU captain Sasuke, especially those that kept tabs on ROOT and the Council. After that, Naruto would make a new batch of clones, have them transform into animals and different people of various age groups and spread them out throughout the village like the first time, keeping his one-man spy network on-going.

Naruto groaned as he got up from his bed and into the bathroom. Today they are finally going to be placed into teams. Naruto could not wait to see Kakashi-sensei again. But then he dread that Kakashi is a genius and would inevitably suspect them. Knowing Kakashi, he would stubbornly seek the answers to his questions. In addition, Naruto planned to drop his idiot mask today or he will get an earful from Sasuke. Naruto sighed after taking his shower and dried himself. Naruto looked at his nostalgic orange and blue jumpsuit in wistfulness.

"Sorry, little buddy. But you're going to the storage. Don't worry little guy. I will keep you close to my heart!" Naruto dramatically said and true to his words, he kept the jumpsuit in the storage seal at his heart area. Naruto donned his black ANBU pants, black combat boots, V-neck long sleeve black shirts and black hooded jacket with orange linings at the side of his arms, the Uzumaki swirl symbol at the back of his jacket. The insides of his jacket is dark orange in color. After all, Naruto liked the color. It has a sentimental value to him. He placed an unlimited storage seal in the inside of his pockets and around his wrists to easily access and to store his scrolls that contains his seals, belongings and needs as well as extra weapons than the ones he keep in his kunai pouch placed on his right leg and weapons pouch on his back left of his waist.

Naruto then took his katana, Uzukagi and strapped them on his back. Uzukagi is as good of a sword as Kusanagi that belonged to Sasuke. Naruto took upon himself to master kenjutsu so he could proudly use his mother's swords in the future. But in this timeline, since his mother's swords weren't supposed to be in his possession, he will only be using Uzukagi for now. After noting that all his equipment are in place, Naruto finally took his hitai-ate to tie it around his forehead.

"Ah, I forgot," Naruto realized. He waved through some hand seals and muttered under his breath, "Hair Growth no Jutsu". And with that, Naruto's hair grew longer to the same length as his father Minato had. It could even be said that Naruto looks like a mini-Minato. He nodded in satisfaction then went downstairs to the kitchen.

When Naruto came into the kitchen, silence descended into the room. Shikamaru's jaw dropped while Sasuke's eyes widen and stared at Naruto in shock.

"Wow...I mean just...wow," Shikamaru couldn't help but said. Sasuke smirked at how 'cool' and 'awesome' his hokage looked. He could already imagine the other genin's reaction when they see the 'real' Naruto like this.