Chapter 8: Sweep Operation Part 1

A/N: The title says it all. It was getting too long again, so this time I cut them into two parts.

I would like to extend my appreciation at this opportunity to thank everyone that added my story in their reading lists, those who enjoyed my story, those who comment and those who graciously voted. Thank you very much~    

Here have some cookies! (~0 v 0)~O

=============================================

--In an unknown location in Konoha.

The night was quiet and serene to the onlookers. But beneath the veil of the night, screams of terror and spluttering of blood played over and over in the minds of certain persons donning the infamous gear commonly known in the villages as the ANBU. But these ANBU weren't normal. No, these people were known to be ROOT. Mindless and emotionless tools that adhered to none other than Shimura Danzo. This day marked the end of their notorious deeds in the shadows for good.

After short minutes, Sasuke finally released his Tsukuyomi upon the ROOT members. Shikamaru released his Kageshibari no Jutsu, causing the poor souls to drop to the ground, in various positions.

"What should we do with them?" Sasuke inquired, his eyes cold and calculating. The members that remain alive were mentally tortured by Tsukuyomi, an attempt to bring out their feelings of fear and other emotions. It proved to be fruitful.

"We will bind them for now. They are...victims too. The unworthy assholes who follows Danzo have all been dealt with. These are the ones that deserves a second chance. I know Hokage-sama wouldn't be pleased if we get rid of them in cold blood," Shikamaru said, his voice emotionless. Their eyes darted towards a certain pale raven haired teen around their age, unconscious. It was Sai.

"True. They also hold valuable information that we could use as well as evidence against Danzo. But that curse mark on their tongues prevents them from speaking. Danzo will need to go (killed)," Sasuke narrowed his eyes in distaste, remembering the curse mark he received from Orochimaru. Good thing that vile thing did not travel with him back in time.

"Hokage-sama is currently dealing with him somewhere in the land of Whirlpools. They will be released from the curse mark soon. Even if they don't, I am sure Hokage-sama can erase them," Shikamaru assessed. Sasuke raised an eyebrow.

"He teleported that far?" Sasuke questioned. Shikamaru shrugged.

"Better to do it somewhere far and isolated from here. Plus, he feels more at advantage there than anywhere else," Shikamaru explained. Sasuke nodded. They then proceeded to tie the former ROOT members with rope as they wait for their hokage's return.

ROOT had been officially disbanded after the Uchiha Massacre after finding out its involvement in convincing Uchiha Itachi to kill the whole clan saved for his younger brother Sasuke. The hokage's naivety and soft nature had allowed Danzo to be pardoned of his misdeeds and ROOT disbanded. What the hokage didn't know was that ROOT remained operative behind closed doors.

However, the same cannot be said to the three time-travellers. Knowing this, they had decided beforehand, among the things they wished to change was Danzo and ROOT. Konoha remained tranquil but the truth was far from peaceful. Konoha and its inhabitants remain oblivious to the incidents that has befallen ROOT courtesy of three 12 years old. If any of the Konoha Shinobi and civilians to have heard of this incident was caused by three newly graduated Genins in the future, they would have a hard time to even believe it.