Chapter 29

It was now only three days until the wedding. The whole city was preparing for it; decorations lining the streets, merchandise being sold in shops, guards taking extra precaution. Lyra had already picked out a new wedding dress, as had Luna and they both chose rings for their future husbands. Ravus was allowed to walk free but he was escorted by security at all times. It was awkward having him around but everyone really made an effort to include him. Ravus was now the one who would be walking Luna down the aisle and Regis would be walking with Lyra. Libertus and Iris had just arrived as well and he sat with everyone in the living room.

"Right, Nyx. Time to go," he bellowed in his gruff voice as he stood up.

Everyone looked at him as Nyx asked, "Time to go where?"

"You can't see the bride before the wedding now can ya?"

"But there's three days to go," he argued.

Prompto stood up now. "Exactly. Three days left of freedom. It's time to have some fun!" he cheered but suddenly coward as Lyra glared at him. "And by fun I mean good, responsible and sensible fun."

Gladiolus and Ignis stood as well, directing the attention to them.

"Get up, prince," Gladiolus commanded.

Noctis sunk deeper into the sofa. "I live here so I'm not going anywhere."

"Do you plan to kick Lady Lunafreya out then?" Ignis asked rhetorically as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

Noctis looked over at Luna who sat perfectly as always before getting up. "Fine. I'll go," he sighed before taking her hand and kissing it, causing her to blush deeply.

Nyx sat up from his lounging position before looking at Lyra. "Will you be okay?"

Lyra smiled softly. "Of course. You have fun, okay?"

"When a girl says have fun, it really means don't have fun," Libertus chuckled along with Prompto.

Nyx laughed and shook his head. "If Regis plays up, just call me."

"I will," Lyra placed her hand on his cheek. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too."

Nyx then closed the gap between them and kissed her deeply. It only caused the rest of the men to groan at the sight before they all picked up cushions and threw them at the couple simultaneously, causing them to pull apart.

"I'm just saying bye," Nyx said as Lyra laughed softly. He quickly kissed her cheek and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you, too," she quickly replied.

He smiled and got up, joining the rest of the guys as they left. Lyra leant back on the sofa as she, Iris and Luna spoke for a while about literally everything. A while later, they began to talk about Ravus, who was in the guest room whilst Iris went to play with Regis.

"I think he's proven himself quite a lot so far," Lyra stated.

"I agree. I just worry Niflheim will do something to him," Luna said sadly.

"Don't sorry," Lyra gave her a smile. "He will be safe here."

Luna nodded, returning the smile. "I should really spend some time with him. Will you be okay?"

"Of course. I have Iris here with me."

Luna nodded and then left the room. There was so much left to do for the wedding and so little time. She just hoped everything went smoothly.