Chapter 3

A/N

I literally sat at my swim meet writing this. I tried to keep my mind off my race. and. it helped. like. it was a wonderful distraction. :3 but yeah. so. if there're any typos. it's cause I wrote this on my phone.

and another thing. thank yooooo @xxitscarinaxx for da coverrrrr.

kay. bi. :3:3:3:3:3

~~~~~~~~

Nico's POV:

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching him kneel down on the sand between me and the water.

"I have an idea. Just trust me." He placed a hand on my stomach, and I felt my face heat up. Thank the gods his eyes closed in concentration before he could see. I slowly felt a warm feeling seep through my body, and I looked down to see my wounds closing. I almost laughed at how... unbelievable it was. A small smile spread across my face, and Percy's eyes flew open. He fixed his sea green gaze on me a grin slowly slipping onto his face. I looked away quickly, a tingling feeling already creeping through me.

He pulled his hand away and stood up. "Can you stand?"

I shakily got to my feet, my knees threatening to buckle. I put a hand on his shoulder to steady myself.

"Yes," I replied. "You're not going to make me go to the infirmary now, right?"

He laughed and shook his head. My heart flipped around inside of me and I kept trying to ignore the feeling. I told myself over and over again that he was straight, he had Annabeth, he would never feel the same. But the feeling was difficult to push away, I was in too deep. I forced a smile. "Can I take a nap then?"

He nodded. "Of course."

When I tried to start walking, my legs wobbled and I stumbled. Percy looped an arm under mine, holding me up. My face flushed but I turned my head away. "Thanks," I mumbled. He didn't say anything, just led me to his cabin.

Opening the door, he helped me inside. I looked around the room. Everything I saw made me think of him, and if I didn't already know it was his, I'd've been able to tell immediately. He went to a bunk and sat me down on the bed. I watched him cross the room and pull out a blue shirt and gray sweatpants. He tossed them to me and pulled out clean clothes for himself.

I say there, feeling like an idiot, staring at the clothes. I glanced up when I saw Percy moving. I tried to avert my gaze when I saw that he was changing, but my eyes were drawn to him. I bit my lip and tugged the shirt over my head. I slid off the ripped sweatpants and pulled on Percy's. I looked up to find his eyes fixed on me. I fought back a blush and smiled slightly at him. He grinned back and my stomach twisted. I turned away and laid down on the bed, facing the wall. I curled up in a ball, my face buried in the blue shirt. It smelled like him... like the sea.

In about ten minutes, I guess Percy thought I was asleep, because be draped a blanket over me. I glanced up at him and gave him a small smile. "Thanks," I whispered before burrowing my head into the pillow.

"You're welcome, sleep well," he murmured, chuckling softly.

I smiled into the pillow and closed my eyes, quickly falling asleep.

•••••••••••

Percy's POV:

I sighed and sat on my bunk, careful not to make too much noise. I laid back and covered my face with my hands. My mind was a mess... I wasn't sure what to think. The insistent fluttering in my stomach when Nico smiled at me was over-powering, and I was confused as to why it was happening at all. What did it mean? I shook my head and tried to sift through my jumbled thoughts.

A soft knock on the door pulled me out of my mind and I got up and slipped outside, making sure that the inside of the cabin wasn't visible to the person outside. Annabeth was standing there, her hair pulled back into a ponytail.

She smiled at me. "Want to go for a walk?" she asked.

I hesitantly shrugged, knowing I couldn't turn her down.

"Sure."

Her smile grew and she took my hand. I forced a smile back at her and began walking, nervously glancing back at the cabin.

She swung our arms, a smile still plastered on her face. I looked at the ground, and her smile slowly fell.

"Is there... another girl?" Annabeth asked cautiously.

"I... n-no... there's not."

She frowned. "You seem very unsure."

I ran a hand through my hair. "Listen, Annabeth, I still love you, but I'm not... in love with you."

"What do you mean?" she asked, her voice shaking slightly.

I sighed. "I love you like I would love a sister... I just never really had the heart to tell you. I didn't want to hurt you."

She rolled her hand away, tears slipping from her eyes.

"You led me on..." she growled. "It would have hurt me a lot less if you had told me when you'd first realized."

Before I could really process what had happened, she had slapped me across the face and stormed off.

I stood there for a second, debating about whether or not to go after her, but my feet remained planted on the ground.

I trudged back to the cabin numbly, hoping that Nico hadn't woken to find me gone.

~~~~~~

A/N

sweg dat was short. oh well.

I'm honestly really glad that Annabeth is out of the way. is that wrong of me. I mean. it's my story, too. but whatever... I just never really liked her... :3 for that she'll have to make a reappearance just bc.

does anyone ever just listen to music and have every song remind you of your otp. like. it's awful sometimes. I have a fangirl attack in public. and it probably scars some children.

yayyyyy so comment. and. ya. BAI.