Part 1: The Window (September)

"Just another day at work" Jin thinks to himself, putting on the apron, ready for the shift ahead.

"Right, Jin, we're a bit short staffed today, everyone's ill, you know beginning of year flu and all or whatever it is." Hoseok informs him.

Jin is partly thankful that he is now permanently in work rather than studying; always within the first week, everyone gets ill and it's just so goddamn inconvenient. Besides, there's not much else for him to study he thinks since he already majors in being handsome and cooking delicious food!

"It's just us and one other today, so you're gonna have to wait on tables as well as cooking the orders, can you do that?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course. I'll make a start now." Jin replies, noticing the first customers entering the building.

"Hello there, my name is Jin!" he smiles, offering them a table for two "I hope you arrived here hungry today as we have a wonderful variety of delicious food..."

***

You pack your bag in slight frustration that you couldn't finish this first draft of the assignment by the time the college closing time. Last year was such a disaster of panicking on the deadline week and producing work only half the standard you know you were capable of and you have made a resolution to knuckle down and do the work straight away this year and take life more seriously.

The work doesn't end there for you though, no. When you get home, you need to revise the three languages you've taken on, help out your younger siblings with their homework, and catch up with some recommended reading. There isn't a particular dream you are aiming for just yet, so you have decided to spend your time wisely, studying academic subjects and earning advanced qualifications, for the good of your future self.

You put in your headphones and exit the empty room, switching the light out on your way. Your footsteps echo down the dull corridor as well as the drops of rain onto the surrounding windows.

When you get out onto the street, you thank your past self for packing an umbrella this morning... even if it's a bright pink one with watermelons on that may or may not be your 6 year old sister's. But at least it's better to stick out like a sore thumb than catch a cold.

The first street is always the longest to walk down; you have to exit out of the town and to the south of the city to reach your home. You pass a wide variety of shops, restaurants and other public places as your feet tread the cobbled pavement. You sometimes wish you had the time to go in a few places, enjoy yourself, but unfortunately family life and college life don't allow you the time currently.

You peer into a shop full of things you can't afford and that reminds you that at some point, you really need to get a job... Then into a restaurant that seems absolutely charming; it looks homely and full of life with people happily eating and chattering amongst each other under the pretty lights and decorations. You can't help but notice though underneath the scene of the people relaxing after a long day at work, there are people rushed off their feet, their days having probably only just begun.

At a standstill in the street, you hadn't even noticed yourself discontinuing to walk until you make eye contact with one of the workers. He is probably not that much older than yourself, quite a good looking face, actually, and a smile that enhances his looks. 'Oh my god, he's smiling at me! He's going to think I'm some weirdo that watches people! Crap! Keep walking y/n!'