Part 3: The Kitchen (November)

College work becomes even more hands-on from the day after the Halloween party, and it's kind of annoying that you have to be in after staying out late the previous night. You think to yourself that that will be the last time in a while in which you take a break: you simply can't afford to waste time, and the search for a job still hasn't happened!

But where could you even go to ask for a job? Do you need experience? Is there even time to get experience?

Fortunately, you found some time the other evening to create your CV, but no idea about where you could apply; most jobs available for college students require either cooking or cleaning or both. There hasn't been a cleaning job nearby for ages though you remind yourself and as for cooking... well...

"You should get the cute Joker guy to teach you, y/n" Y/f/n suggests a few days later on a video chat as she makes herself comfortable on her bed.

"Really? Are you still going to call him that even after learning his name?"

"Maybe... I mean, that's what he basically is. He's a cute guy who dressed up as the Joker the other night - and you're his Harley Quinn..."

You interrupt: "Oh y/f/n don't start with all that! It was just a coincidence... Besides, I don't really have the time for new people in my life..."

"Hey, you do if you keep him in your life to help with a job!"

"Huh?"

"The guy is a pro top class cook y/n! He could teach you everything you need to know... you could get to spend some time with him..."

"Excuse me," you fold your arms "What makes you come to the conclusion that I'm interested in this guy?"

"Oh come on y/n! It takes two to make a kiss last, I'm not stupid, I could see it in your eyes; that kiss had you melting like the chocolate fondue on the buffet table..."

"I mean, sure, he's very cute and charming but I barely know the guy and I barely have the time for this sort of shit y/f/n... I gotta go anyways; I have a lesson in a few minutes."

"Just think about it y/n..."

"Girl, bye."

***

"Jin man, when are your 'rents gonna hire some more staff?" Yoongi groans, dropping the plates onto the unit beside the sink. "Feels like I haven't had a day off in like half a year dude!"

"Dude, it's realistically more like a month... and I think they're working on it, they just haven't really had any response to the window ad..." Jin replies, trying to focus on the task at hand.

"Maybe they should gather that isn't always the best way to get staff... 'Chefs and waiting staff wanted' It's just not how you reel people in; it's so plain, so easy to overlook!... Tell you what, leave it to me; I can get at least 3 people to call in by the end of tomorrow."

"Hmm I don't know man... what exactly is your plan?..." Jin asks uncertainly, leaving the food for a brief second

Yoongi taps his nose with his finger and goes back out to the dining area of the restaurant.

*

Turns out Yoongi's 'plan' was to get y/f/n to ask you to come into the restaurant the following day, this afternoon, about a waiting job and take it from there...

"Okay y/n, I'll get someone to interview you right away, and, good luck!" Yoongi tells you, leaving the counter to go find, you assume, the manager.

You sigh nervously at the thought of your first job interview; you didn't expect things to happen this fast; you haven't even prepared yourself for a conversation in which you can convince the other half that you're a skilled, hardworking, competent young lady.