Meeting Denny

Danielle Carver, woke up that morning hitting her alarm on her phone off. Then, getting up heading to her seven year old daughters room. She quietly opened up the door then seeing Max Lily's diabetic dog. Lily has type one diabetes and she needs it closely monitored because it can get seriously low.

"lily, sweetheart wake up." She whispered then kissing her daughter's forehead.

"good morning mommy." Lily replied.

"Go get dressed and come downstairs to check your sugar then we'll eat breakfast." She told her.

Danielle walked downstairs then began fixing her daughter fruit for breakfast and a cup of orange juice.

Lily came down with Max and she ate quickly.

"Okay time for school." Danielle told her.

After dropping Lily and Max off at school. Danielle found her way walking into the hospital. She was an MD at Seattle Grace Hospital.

She walked into the hospital to see Bailey giving her hand motions to follow. Danielle automatically picked her pace and followed as they walked into the room.

"Denny Duquette." Bailey said with a small smile on her face as she walked in.

"Hey Dr.Bailey." The 'Denny' guy said.

"I hope seeing you here means that they finally found you a heart." Dr.Bailey added.

"No offense Doctor, but I'm not a big fan of hospitals." Denny said with a small smile.

"And what do we know about Mr.Duquette?" She asked directly towards Danielle who held the file.

"Capricorn, single, loves to travel and cook." Denny said with a flirtatious smile towards Danielle. She smiled in return.

"Denny be quiet. Let her show off." Dr.Bailey scolded.

Danielle just had a small smile on her face. "Denny Duquette. 36, admitted today for a heart transplant, necessitated by a viral cardiomyopathy." Danielle finished looking at Denny, who was looking back at her.

"And what does that mean?" Miranda asked.

"That his heart is unable to fill and pump blood normally." Danielle said chewing on her lip.

"Good. Denny, this is Dr.Carver. She'll be tending to you prior surgery." Miranda said.

"So, I guess I'll be seeing you around, Dr.Carver." He said smiling. She nodded with a smile. She could feel Alex burning holes into her head.

All of them walked out of the room.

"Trying to get some action when he's practically a corpse." Danielle heard George say.

"He was just being nice." Danielle shot back at him, rolling her eyes.

"No one enforced an 80-hour work week when I was an intern. I learned more 'cause I worked more." Miranda said.

"You get a rest before you have the baby.Being pregnant, keeping up the pace.." George said looking at Bailey.

"You saying I look tired?" Miranda asked.

"No. Not tired. No. You look fresh, spry. You glow."

"O'Malley, go do an intake on Addison Shepherd's patient. Addison.

"You do glow." Danielle told her.

"Like the moon." Alex told Miranda.

"And you can spend the day in the pit, Karev."

************

Lily walked in the hospital with Max on a leash, and she got on the elevator pushing the floor button she needed. She walked onto the floor then went around the corner ending up in Denny's room by accident.

"Excuse me." She said.

"Well, hello." Denny told her.

"Have you seen my mom, she's a doctor?" Lily asked him.

"What's your mom's name?" He asked her smiling.

"My mom's name is Dr. Carver." She replied.

"Yes, I have seen her and she is beautiful." He told her.

"She's pretty and really nice, my name's Lily by the way." She beamed at him.

"Tell me about your mom what's she like?" He asked her.

"My mom is the best! She takes care of me and Max! And, she watches tv with me. Oh! She also is very funny and gives Max his baths." Lily explained. "She's really nice to everyone." She added with a smile.

"Your mom sounds like the best mom out there." Denny said with a smile.

Lily nodded quickly. "She definitely is!" She smiled.

Danielle walked through the door. "Lily? When did you get here, baby?" She asked her daughter crouching down to her level.

"A couple of minutes ago. Your friend is really nice, mommy!" Lily said looking at her mom with her big brown eyes.

Danielle laughed and nodded. "Thank you, hunny." She stated. Danielle looked over to Denny. "Do you need anything?" She asked raising a perfectly arched brow.

"Could I get some water by chance?" He asked looking at the gorgeous woman infront of him.

She smiled and nodded. "Yeah is that it?" She asked. Denny nodded. Before Danielle walked out she turned around. "Can you watch for just a second?" She asked pointing to her daughter. Denny just nodded again.

Danielle came back from getting the water and seen Lily on Denny hospital bed talking. She laughed and shook her head as she seen Max lying in the floor. She gave the water to him and their fingers brushed together.

"Are you sure you don't need anything else?" She asked Denny.

He shook his head. "No, I'm good, beautiful. But your daughter. Great kid." He said as Lily was sitting in the chair in the room by the door.

Danielle smiled and nodded. "Yeah. She's my everything." She stated with a smile.