Chapter 2: Supernatural

*
Emily's POV

I had the worst injuries out of everyone in the accident.. well. Out of everyone that survived.
When I got pulled out the the water, the doctor said my heart stopped beating in the ambulance. They performed CPR until we arrived at the hospital where they got a rhythmic beat going.

I was able to come home from the hospital this morning and am finally trying to get some rest in my room. Lots of tossing and turning, but I was exhausted. A couple hours later Elena walked kn and said that she would like me to meet her boyfriend..Stefan.

Later in the day we arrived at his house which looked like a mansion. Elena told me to wait in the entry way while she went to grab something from her car. A man came down the stairs.

This was the man that saved me and Elena the night of the crash. "You...you were the one who saved me?" I asked but Elena quickly jogged in and kissed him. "Em', this is Stefan." Elena explained to me. "N-nice to meet you." I said. I don't think that Elena knows; I decided not to say anything for now.

Elena's POV

After the accident Emily was in a coma for about 3 months. I know Stefan's a vampire, I just hope Emily doesn't find out. She's only 12, she doesn't need to be dragged into all of this. Not after all shes been through.

She hasn't said much since she woke from her coma. She's like a different person compared to her energetic, loud, outgoing old self. But I guess this tragedy has effected our lives dramatically and who we are as people. We've all changed.
I've been trying to get her to open up, or talk about it, but she's nearly shut everyone out from seeing her emotions. She's numb.

From what I can tell she is devastated from mom and dad dying in the accident. Both her and Jeremy haven't been expressing it. And to be quite honest, I haven't either. At the hospital after her coma, she had the same dream over and over again of that night. The crash. Drowning. She's traumatized. She's so young, someone with that young of a brain can't even begin to know how to cope with something like this. While everyone has realized mom and dad are gone, she didn't even find out till 3 months later than everyone else.

Stefan's brother, Damon then walked in and said, "Oh, you must be Emily."

She replied with a nod and said, "You must be Damon, Stefan's brother. Elena took me about you..Nice to meet you." She put her hand out for him to shake.

That's the most I've heard her say all together since being home. Damon took her hand in his and shook it steadily.

TIME SKIP~~~~~~~

Emily's POV

Ever since I woke up from my coma, Elena has been acting weird when I'm around Stefan. It's almost like she's hiding something. But what could she possibly be hiding? He's just her boyfriend. Honestly, I couldn't have seen her with anyone but Matt.

"Hey Em', tonight's the 50's dance party at my school, and Jenna said that you have to come with." Elena said coming into my room and setting a costume on my bed. "K." I replied.

I put on the costume, it was this cool colored
Dress and a high ponytail.

When we got there, she had me stay close to her. She started pushing me forward and out of the room.

"Elena, what are you doing?" I asked concerned. "Someone's here." She said back, leaving me confused. We ran down a hall and I saw some guy in a black hoodie start to follow us. She bribed my wrist tight and pulled me along to a set of doors but they were locked. We found one that wasn't, and ran into what looked to be the high school cafeteria. The man started choking Elena. What was going on?! How did he get in here so fast? I looked around frantically for anything that could help. A pencil. I quickly grabbed it and stabbed his shoulder.