Remus And The Awakening

The next morning, Remus groggily awoke in the hospital wing. From what he could remember, he had had the night of his life. Instantly he sat up and looked over at James who was sitting next to him reading the daily prophet.

"What happened last night?" He asked, terror evident in his shaky voice.

"It seems that we may have another werewolf on the grounds of Hogwarts." James said, peering over his paper.

"Another... Werewolf?" Remus asked? All the memories suddenly beginning to flood back into his brain. Running through the cool grass, howling at the moon.

"Yes Moony. Another werewolf." Said James, his eyes returning to the story in front of him.

"Who is it?" Remus asked, suddenly excited.

"Your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure that Dumbledore doesn't know about it as he would have told us, or probably even put them in the shrieking shack with you, but none the less I am going to go see him and ask him about it." Said James, folding his paper and putting it on his lap.

Remus grinned and began reminiscing and thinking of all the possibilities of having a friend like himself.

"Remus. This is dangerous. Very dangerous." He said, his brows furrowed.

"How?" Remus asked, a little insulted.

"If Dumbledore doesn't know about it, what if it's evil? What if it's come from the dark forces?"

"Stop saying 'it'!"

"What would you rather me say? We don't know if it- It was- Is a boy or a girl." Confronted James.

"It was a girl." Whispered Remus, his voice fading off into the empty hospital wing.

James sighed.

"I'm going to see Dumbledore." He said, standing and leaving his paper on his seat.

"See you later Moon." He added before he walked away.