Remus and Firewhisky

Remus still felt buzzed from the kiss as he ascended the stairs to his dorm.

He paused outside the door and run his fingers over his lips. He had kissed Freya. Freya had kissed him. His lips tingled at the memory of her touch.

He had told her that he liked her. And she liked him back.

A grin began to grow on Remus's face as he pushed open the door to his dorm.

The creak of the old wooden door alerted James, Sirius and Peter that Remus had returned. Remus noticed that they were all sitting on their beds enjoying a bottle of firewhisky each and that an unopened bottle was waiting for him next to his bed. His grin grew even bigger.

"How was it?" Peter asked, sitting up excitedly and watching Remus as he crossed the room and threw himself down onto his bed with a sigh.

"Did you see much?" Asked James.

"Did our little Remus get a hot snogging session?" Asked Sirius.

Remus laughed as he propped himself up onto his elbows and bit the lid off his bottle of firewhisky.

"You did, didn't you!" Sirius accused, watching as Remus's smile grew.

"Our little Remus! Snogging girls on top of the astronomy tower!" He exclaimed.

"Not snog, no tongues were involved thank you very much." Remus clarified, taking a long sip from his bottle.

"So what next?" Asked Sirius.

"I'm not sure padfoot, I'm no expert when it comes to girls, unlike you." Remus laughed, sitting up putting the empty bottle to one side.

"What are you trying to say? You cheeky minx!" Sirius exclaimed, lifting his head to give Remus a fake glare.

By the end of the night, all the boys were a little bit tipsy. They had all consumed far too much firewhisky, and had fallen asleep with their clothes still on, all apart from Remus, who lay awake, watching the stars from the windowsill.

He lifted his wand and twirled it around in his hand, running his fingers over the different textures and wondering why it had chosen him of all people. 

Remus stood up and began to walk, and before he knew it, he was out in the grounds, his wand giving off a soft glow as his feet shuffled across the damp grass. 

He knew where he was going. Everyone else thought it was a dangerous place, haunted. But he knew he was safe from the monsters, as he was one.

Remus found himself staring up at the shrieking shack. He noticed the deep scratches from his claws on the door and all the rest of the damage that he had caused.

He had never paid much attention to the exterior, he only ever saw the inside.

Remus unlocked the charms on the door and wandered inside. With every step, the old stairs creaked under his feet, and the walls seemed to watch him.

When he reached the top, Remus sat down in front of the old grand piano. Dumbledoor had put it there for the boys to play to take Remus's mind off his transformation, while they were waiting for him to change, but they never used it.

Remus pressed a couple of keys and was surprised to find it in tune. Dumbledoor must have enchanted it to keep it in tune. Remus began playing a gentle song he remembered from his lessons when he was younger, before all this had happened to him. 

As he played the last note, he heard a loud creak behind him. Remus immediately stood up, wand at the ready, pointing towards the source of the noise.

"Hello?" He called.

After several moments, Remus convinced himself that it was probably just due to the wind. This shack was very old and creaky, it didn't mean that there was anyone there.

It was getting late, and although it was the weekend, Remus decided that he should return to bed, and began to descend the stairs of the shack. As he walked out the door, out into the darkness, Remus felt uneasy.

"Is anyone there?" He called, turning around in a circle, with his lit up wand acting as a torch. His eyes scanned through the darkness but he was unable to see anyone.

Remus hurried back to the castle, convincing himself that it was just the firewhisky playing with his mind. Little did he know that he was right, and there had been a figure watching him through the darkness.