16•Newt finds out thomas kissed you

Newt's pov

As i was walking around the glade I spot Thomas making his way over to me and I wait for him.

"Hey Newt can I talk to you?" He asks me and I agree.

We walk over to the deadheads,out of anyone's view.

"So what is it you wanted to talk to me about Tommy?" I ask him curious.

"Well I wanted to tell you something very important," he says exited.

"Well get on with it. What is it?"His excitement rubbing off on me.

"Well I just wanted to tell you I finally kissed Y/n!" He says smiling like an idiot.

And in that very moment my heart stops. The smile immediately disappearing off my face and a frown forming instead.

"You kissed Y/n?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah. I just told you that," he says frowning a bit.

"So are you two together or....?" My voice trailing off. Rubbing my neck nervously.

"Oh,no it-" His voice stops stops by me  running away from him and toward Y/n.

I finally spot her talking to Minho about the maze. Since she was a runner,she was almost always with Minho.

"Hey Minho. Can I steal Y/n away for a minute?" I ask him, interrupting their conversation.

"Sure," He says with a shrug and he walks away toward the homestead.

"What did you want to talk to me about Newt?" She asks me.

I get straight to the point. "Did you kiss Tommy?" I ask even though I know the answer.

"Yeah. Why?" She says knitting her eyebrows a little.

"Oh,uhh just asking...." I say not prepared to answer her question.

"Your lying," she says putting a hand on her waist.

"What?! No....." I say and I can tell she doesn't believe me.

"Tell me what's wrong." She says sincerely. "You and I are great friends and I don't understand why you care so much about who I kiss."

"You really want to know?" I ask her looking at her in the eye.

"Yes," she says.

And before I can change my mind I grab her by the waist and I bring her even closer to me. And I can tell I suprised her. "It's because....I like you." And the words just spill out of my mouth before I can stop them.

She smiles. "Well the only reason I kissed Thomas was because it was a dare." And I instantly feel relief wash over me.

"And," she continues," I like you too."

I look down on her and I smile. "Really?!" I ask in disbelief.

And she kisses me and I immediately kiss back. After a few seconds we pull away because we hear cheers and whistles in the background.

"Finally!!!" Minho says smiling. "Took you guys long enough."

We both smile and we spend the rest of night together.