Nightmares

Dear future me,

I woke up this morning in Simon's arms. It was an odd feeling. Not bad, just odd. I haven't had that happen since Brad and I used to have sleepovers. That was platonic of course. Maybe this is too. I guess I'll have to pay attention more.

Until next time,

Sophia

Simon

Where's Sophia? I know she said she was going to get her car but that doesn't take 2 hours.

I pull out my phone and just as I'm about to dial her number I hear the door open. I rush to the door and see Sophia waving goodbye to Dan.

"There's you are! I thought you got kidnapped!" I say when she closes the door.

"I was just with Dan. It turns out that my car wasn't ready so that sucks."She says throwing her jacket on the couch.

"Oh, well I'm going to Sam's for a bit, I'll be back later," I say grabbing my jacket.

"Okay, have fun," She says walking out of the room.  

-----------------------------

"Hey do you know if Anna is single?" Sam asks running his hand through his blonde hair.

"No, you'd have to ask Sophia," I tell him, grabbing a chip.

"Maybe I will. Speaking of Sophia, I think Paul has a crush on her," Sam says. I feel my jaw tighten but try to play it off.

"Good for him, Sophia's a nice girl," I mutter.

"Yeah, she's pretty too," Sam says, looking at me with his grey eyes to see if I react.

"Yeah, I guess she is," I say without thinking. Sam smirks at me. 

"What?" I ask him.

"Oh, nothing." His phone beeps and he pulls it out of his pocket his eyes light up and a smile makes its way onto his face. "Anna says she's at Sophia's place, we should go over there, since your spending the night anyway."  

"Okay, let's go." I agree, knowing Sam won't shut up about it anyway.

"Yayy!" He says clapping his hands like a little kid. I roll my eyes at him and walk to the front door.

-----------------------------

As we walk in the front door I decide to tease Soph a little. "Soapie! I'm home!" I yell.

As we walk into the living I don't see anyone so I figure that Soph and Anna are in Sophia's room. I walk up the stairs and I knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear Sophia's voice. We walk into the door and I see Anna smile at Sam.

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Anna questions, still looking at Sam.

"Just thought we would drop in," Sam says grinning at Anna.

I roll my eyes and pretend to gag and look at sophia and see she agrees. She points to the door and motions like she wants to get a drink and I nod my head. She gets up and I follow her out of the room.

"That. Was. Gross," She says, laughing.

"Very true. And they aren't even dating yet," I say rolling my eyes.

She shudders, probably imagining what it will be like when they are. Now I imagined it and I also shudder.

We walk into the kitchen and she pulls out an A&W rootbeer. I walk over and also grab one.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a while, sipping on our drinks. "You know, your the one girl in our entire school who hasn't thrown herself at me," I say, not really thinking. "Thanks for that, I don't like it that people treat me like a God." She looks a bit shocked but nods her head. "It's crazy I know, everyone wants to be popular, and have crazy good looks like myself," She chuckles at that, "but I'd rather be treated like a normal human because at the end of the day we are all the same."

"You are right," She whispers, "I wish I was treated like a normal human in my old school. I, um I was bullied there, I don't even know why. I don't know what I did wrong for him to bully me." She trails off.

"Soph, I'm sorry, I didn't know, you didn't deserve that, no one does," I whisper to her.

"You don't just bully someone for no reason, Simon. You just don't. I did something, or there was something wrong with me. I don't know," She whispers.

"Hey, guys! Who wants to watch a movie?" Sam says as he walks down the stairs.

"Sounds like a great idea!" Sophia says, acting like nothing happened.

"We should watch the Notebook!" Anna exclaims. Same and I make a face. She looks at Sam, "Please, pretty please with a cherry on top?" She begs, grabbing Sam's hand.

"Okay." He huffs rolling his eyes.

I see Sophia raise an eyebrow at Anna and they stare at each other like they're communicating telepathically.

Sophia walks over to where the movies are and pulls out the notebook.

This is gonna be a long night.

Sam and Anna sit on the love seat, so Soph and I sit on the couch.

--------------------------------

"Bye guys!" Anna says waving to us as she walks out of the door with Sam.

We ended up also watching the Fault In Our Stars. 

Thanks Sam. Note the sarcasm.

"Night Simon." Sophia says giving me a smile. She turns around and goes up the steps as I say good night to her too.

-------------------------------

I wake up to the sound of screaming. I jump up and run up the stairs ready to attack someone. As I run into Sophia's room, I see she's sleeping and no one is in her room. She's sobbing and mumbling the name Janet.

I go and shake her awake, she keeps crying and I pull her close to me. "Shh it was just a dream, it's okay." I whisper to her, trying to calm her down.

We sit like that for another 5 minutes before she calms down. "You okay?" I ask her.

"Y-yeah, thanks," She says pulling out of my arms.

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"Maybe another time," She mumbles in a shaky voice. I nod my head and get up to leave.

"Goodnight Soph, try to get some sleep." I say, giving her a small smile.

"Good night Simon." She whispers and lays back down.

I guess I'm not the only one with nightmares.