The End

Dear future me,

Christmas is off to a great start. Amazingly I think Chandler and I have a chance to maybe get over the past. Trust me, all the bullying I endured will be hard to get over. It might take years, but I don't wanna hold the resentment in my heart. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Until next time,

Sophia

Sophia

"Of course," I say kissing him on the cheek.

"Yes!" He shouts doing a fist pump making me laugh.

"C'mon, it's getting late," I say grabbing his hand, dragging him the door.

  "But I don't wanna go." He says pouting like a two-year-old.

"We gotta," I tell him, hopping in the driver seat.

"Ugh fine."

---------------------

New Years, a time to reflect, forget, and restart. Thinking back to how much my life has changed this year, from my sister dying, to me meeting Simon. From Chandler bullying me, too us being acquaintances (we may be friends someday, who knows.)

This year has had its ups and downs, no doubt. But it was one of the best ones yet. Right now, watching the ball drop with my Justin sleeping on the couch, mom and dad snuggling on the loveseat, and me face timing Simon, I couldn't be happier.

"Goodnight Simon, see you tomorrow," I tell him.

"Night Soph, see you soon," He says, with a glint in his eye.

"Simo-" I start to ask him what he is planning but he hangs up.

"Goodnight guys," I tell my family and walk to my room.

Flopping down on my bed, I fall asleep almost instantly.

---------------------

  I feel myself being lifted into two strong arms but don't open my eyes.

As I'm bounced around I groan. Opening an eye I see a guy in a black ski mask.

"Who are you?"

"Shh you're just dreaming, go back to sleep." He tells me.

"Okay," I say and yawn. Resting my head on his chest I fall back asleep.

-----------------

"Wake up!" Someone shouts and I try to jump but am held down by something. Looking down I see ropes. Why am I in a chair?

"What the?" I ask looking around, my eyes land on someone with all black clothes on and a ski mask on.

I've been kidnapped.

"Let me go, please," I plead.

The man lets out a menacing chuckle and walks closer.

I open my mouth to let out a scream but a hand covers my mouth from behind. Tears start running down my face despite my trying to keep them in.

The guy keeps walking towards me. Once we are face to face I close my eyes but after a while of nothing happening, I slowly open one eye and see Simon trying to hold in his laughter.

When I open both eyes he cracks up and doubles over. I hear more laughing behind me and crane my neck to see Dan.

"You better let me out," I growl.

Simon keeps laughing and unties me.

"Why in God's name was I tied to a chair," I growl at Simon and Dan who have finally stopped laughing and are breathing really hard.

"W-well you said that if you were kidnapped the person would get hurt, so I wanted to test that theory. And by the looks of it," he paused and takes a look at himself, "it was a myth." He and Dan start laughing while I glare at them.

"Not funny guys."

"The best part is, we got it all on camera," Dan says and starts laughing again.

"I'll kill you both," I growl, lunging at Dan.

------------------

               □A year and a half later□

"Congratulations to the graduating class of 2021." The Principle says and we all throw our hats in the air.

The last year has passed by so quickly and soon enough we will be going to college.

"Congrats Ms. Valedictorian," Simon says, kissing me.

"Thank you," I tell him, "So, college huh?"

"Yup, we may not be going to the same one but it's only a two-hour drive." He says, grinning at me.

"Now, let's go take a bunch of pictures and smile until we feel like crying." I tell him, he chuckles and grabs my hand.

--------------------

"Wow, look at all the presents you got," Simon says, looking at my graduation gifts.

"You got plenty too, mister," I tell him.

"True, true."

"How about we go horse riding?" I ask, he nods his head enthusiastically.

We run to the stables and saddle up our horses.

We ride quickly down to the creek and tie the horses up to a tree.

I grab Simon's hand and pull him to our spot on the peninsula.

Slipping off my shoes I step into the cool water and sigh happily.

"Soph?"

"Yeah Simon?" I ask looking at him, he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"There's, uh, something I've been wanting to tell you for a while now, um I don't really know how to say it, I really really really like you, like a lot." He says nervously, "and um I guess you could call it more than liking now. It really shouldn't be that hard to say. Why am I such a wimp?" He asks himself, as he opens his mouth to continue I cut him off.

"I love you too Simon."

The End.

I hope you liked the story! My fourteen-year-old self originally wrote this. Almost three years later, I have revised it and turned it into something I'm proud to claim.