Change

Simon

We just creamed the other team 10-2. I was walking out of the dugout to go meet my friends and saw Sophia walking towards me smiling.  All of a sudden Sophia was blocked out by the last person I wanted to see. "Hello, Simon," Jenna says in her high pitched voice, flicking her hair.

"Go away Jenna," I say looking for Sophia and see her talking to Paul.

"That was a great field goal you made before," She says, ignoring my demand. I roll my eyes at her, she knows absolutely nothing.

"Thanks, goodbye," I say, turning towards Paul and Sophia. She grasps my arm with her hands, digging her perfectly done nails into my arm slightly.

"We should go out sometime, go to a restaurant or something," She says biting her lip seductively. I just roll my eyes and pull out of her grasp and walk over to Sophia who is still talking to Paul.

"So I was wonder-" I hear Paul start, but I cut him off.

"Hey, guys," I say, walking up to them, slinging my arm around Paul who looks slightly annoyed.

"Hey Simon, good game," Sophia says, smiling at me.

"Yeah, good pitching," Paul mutters.

"Yeah, you played pretty well too with the home run you hit."

"I'm gonna go talk to Sam," Paul says, smiling at Sophia and nodding at me.

"So what's up?" I ask her.

"Not too much, I saw Jenna made it," She says, her dislike for the girl clear in her tone.

"I don't know why she bothers, she literally called a homerun a field goal," I say.

"No way! I knew she was dumb but dang!" She says laughing, I laugh along with her.

"Hey, guys!" Dan says, throwing an arm around Sophia's shoulder.

"Hey, Dan." She says, still laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asks with a confused look on his face.

"Nothing," She says, quieting down now.

"Well, we don't have another game for three hours so we should all go out and grab a bite to eat," Dan says, "Anna, sam, Paul, and Brad already agreed."

"Okay, sounds fun!" Sophia says excitedly, she turns to look at me, "Simon?"

"Alright, sounds like a plan," I say, patting Dan on the back. "Let's hit the showers and then we can go," I tell the guys. 

------------------------------

"I'll be down in one second, I've gotta grab something," I tell the guys, motioning for them to head downstairs. They all race out of the room. They're like a pack of wild dogs, not even wolves just wild dogs.

I grab what I need and head out of the room. I stop when I see Chandler coming out of his room as well.

I walk straight past him not acknowledging him. "Hey, can you tell Sophie I'm sorry," He says from behind me. I whip around to face him.

"Listen, I don't know what you did to her but I know you did bully her. So no, I'm not going to tell her that. She winces just by hearing your name, so I'm not going to tell her I saw you. And I'm definitely not going to tell her what you say, because she doesn't want to talk about you," I growl, my anger rising.

"I feel awful for those years, I don't even know why I did that. I guess I do, but I don't think she'll ever forgive me," He says, with a sad look on his face.

"Sophia is such a sweet, beautiful girl. How could you ever, ever bully her?" I ask, not really wanting an answer, I spin around and stalk to the end of the hallway.

He mumbles something I don't quite catch. I just keep walking not sparing him another glance.

I make sure to make my face look normal before joining my friends. "Hey Simon, what took so long?" Dan says.

"I got a call from your mom, she said to make sure you had your diaper changed," I say sarcastically.

"Let's go I'm starving!" Sophia says, she's so unlike most girls. Most of the girls I've dated have practically starved themselves, only eating salads. I mean it's healthy and all, but how could you only eat salads, I love my meat. Sophia, on the other hand, eats just like the guys, not as much but still. I guess that's one thing I like about her, she doesn't worry about what other people think.

We decide to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, a place Jenna and her minions would never dare venture to.

"Hello, I'm Amanda. I'll be your waitress for today," Amanda says, smiling flirtatiously at me. I normally would smile at her back, but I'm not really feeling it today so I just turn to Dan.

"She's all yours bud," I tell him when I see him eyeing up the waitress.

"Really? You haven't got laid in like forever," He states. I roll my eyes at him and nod my head.

"Eh, you take this one," I tell him and he nods.

He's right though. I haven't gotten lucky in awhile. All those girls are boring, I'm not interested in them. I was never a huge player, but I was still a player. Something has changed, but I don't know what.

"What can I get you guys to drink?" She asks, now smiling at Dan. He winks at her and answers with a pick-up line that makes her blush.

"I'll have a rootbeer," Soph says.

"Me too." Brad states. Sophia turns to smile at him and they share a knowing look. Brad leans over and whispers something into Sophia's ear. She giggles and nods her head. I clench my hands at my sides. I feel angry, maybe a bit sad. I guess I feel jealous.

Why am I jealous?

"And for you?" The waitress asks, snapping me out of my daze.

"A Coke," I say, looking at my phone.

From Jenna: hey, what are you up to? We should hang out! <3

I sigh, running my hand through my hair. Apparently she didn't take my advice and lose my number.

To Jenna: I thought I told you to lose my number. Also, I'm on a date.

I type, lying so she'll get off my back. Maybe if she thinks I'm dating someone she'll move on to someone else.

From Jenna: is it that weird new girl? You've been spending a lot of time with her. You don't need to give her your pity. She seems to have got over her sister. Come spend time with me.

I find myself getting angry with Jenna, Sophia is far from weird.

To Jenna: first of all, Sophia is not weird. Secondly, why do you care who I'm dating? I'm not going to date you ever again. So please lose my number and don't text me again.

I set my phone down and rub my eyes. When I hear my phone buzz again I decide not to look at the text, but just block Jenna's number. I should've done that the moment she texted me.

Wait. Jenna said something about Sophia having a sister.